woma temps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholaskostyk

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey, i was just wondering what the temps of womas were also do u just leave the heat on at that temp 24/7 or 12hrs on 12hrs off? what is your opinion also is it the same for all snakes 24/7?
cheers, nick

my womas only have a 15w heat cord under a slate tile. sits on 30 +/- 3 degrees. on 24/7 as my ambient temps are usually a bit low. not sure if you had a climate controlled room. 12 on 12 off could also work well.

nah my room is based outside and is not a controlled temp
cheers, and thanks for the info
would it affect it if it was at 30-33 all day and night?

I suppose it would only really affect it if you were trying to breed them. But I know of plenty of people that have permenant heat set up and don't have any troubles. As long as there is a cool end that they could head to when too hot then you should be ok.

27 degree ambient, minimum, that way they choose where they want to go to the hot spot 30 degree + or to the colder end. I use thermostats so i know exactly where all my snake temps are at.. Its important in S.A.

during summer have it on 24/7 or not to important mine is on a thermostat at 31 so should tht be right all round day and night

also on a completely different note with womas and bhps is height in a cage inportant mayb a few cage references would be appreciated
cheers, nick

i am re-doing all my woma caging, currently running 600mm high caging and that is a waste of space. All future cages will only be 400mm high but i am extending floor space though.
I have some new ideas for my woma caging so in the newyear once they are completed i'll post pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back