Wombat Mauls Bushfire Survivor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
I couldn't find out where else to put this....so here it is :D

r234995_944435.jpg

Wombat Mauls Bushfire Survivor
A man is recovering in hospital after he was mauled by a wombat at Flowerdale, north-east of Melbourne.

Paramedic Robert Gill said the man was a survivor of the Black Saturday bushfires and was living in a caravan while he built a new home.

Mr Gill said when the man went to leave the caravan this morning, he found the wombat on his door mat.

"Unfortunately the gentleman stood on the wombat and the wombat proceeded to get rather nasty and attacked him and inflicted some wounds to his lower legs and also to his arms as well," Mr Gill said.

Source: ABC News
Link: Wombat mauls bushfire survivor - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Well, this just gives me the poetic license to bash and kill any one of these bloodthirsty creatures I come into contact with! Clearly they are evil, aggressive creatures that should know their spot in the big picture of things......8).....:lol:

Unfortunately I didn't add the bit about Mr Wombat meeting his demise at the end of an axe. Because this reminds me of a movie I once saw...what was it again???...umm... Kujo!!

Kristy he killed the wombat with an axe ...no GO WOMBAT THERE :(
seems bizarre really ...but it is a change from the typical media story 'dangerous snake chases family round yard till brave family dog pins it in the corner and waits untill the man of the house got a shovel and smashed it dead '.....;)

Maybe he was wearing ugg boots, and it was merely a case of unrequited love...

oops sorry, I didn't actually have time to read the whole article before.

"It took about 20 minutes. He did try to exit the area and get away from the wombat but my belief is that it kept coming at him."
A local resident said the man managed to kill the wombat with an axe.
Mr Gill said other residents had had a run-in with the wombat earlier.
"They were able to exercise caution with him and get rid of him further down the road, but unfortunately the next stop was this gentleman's door mat," he said.

Haha, seriously? Chased him for 20 minutes? What, he couldn't stand on something larger if he really was that scared or what-not. I know! Shut your caravan door and take a walk to the shops, jeeze. haha.

I also find it funny that the locals have had several run-ins with this wombat. He must be some sort of spy for those marsupials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back