Wont Swallow, Getting Concerned.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe in future cut off the dorsal spines on any feeder fish.

Hey hey hey great news :)
The fish was gone this afternoon about 2:30ish.
It's still really week and isnt moving much just looks tired really.
But long story short. Got up early tried gently moving it down, moved it about 8mm and then just left it.
Then it was gone this afternoon when i was going to take it everything reptiles for the last time.

Although it does seem like karma hates me and i did something really bad in a past life because my costal was missing this morning.
Where could a 5-6 foot coastal hide!:(

I think they should rename this day!
May 22nd is Jannico's Lucky Day!

Not only did my GTS finally swallow his spiny sharp feed after two days of constant worry and regurgitation and is looking better and better by the hour.
But my Coastal was found in my room after i came home from work.
I just turned off all the lights for about an hour made sure there was absence of noise. Searched my house with a flash light and just as i was about to call it a night i walked into my room and i was on top of its old enclosure!
So happy that i gave it a nice big rat :)

I think they should rename this day!
May 22nd is Jannico's Lucky Day!

Not only did my GTS finally swallow his spiny sharp feed after two days of constant worry and regurgitation and is looking better and better by the hour.
But my Coastal was found in my room after i came home from work.
I just turned off all the lights for about an hour made sure there was absence of noise. Searched my house with a flash light and just as i was about to call it a night i walked into my room and i was on top of its old enclosure!
So happy that i gave it a nice big rat :)

Glad it all worked out for you! :)

so after his little fiasco about a month ago my little green has started to eat by himself again, which is great. He took some assisted feeds about a week; a fortnight after the accident. Then, I left him alone only handling to change water and substrate. Didn't leave food in there the whole time just after every fives days. Today i left two guppies with NO dorsal spines in his tank and one was gone this afternoon :)

Feeling good, should be able to get him feeding like a machine in the warmer months :D

all is well that ends well.....good read though, some good lessons to be learnt.

sounds like it needs to be surgically removed you need a reptile vet

First glance at the post heading and I thought you were asking for relationship advice!! Glad to hear the snake seems ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back