wont up size 2 fuzzy rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gti92dave

Not so new Member
Reaction score
ive put a post b 4 about my cape york wont up size from pinky rats 2 fuzzie rats its hard 2 describe how it eats /act,s ........if u live in rocky area can pm me and ill show u he behave between pinkys 2 fuzzy rats .... thank u :)

From pink rats to fuzzy rats is a big step up! I would have offered a valvet rat as that is the next progression from a pinky!
After it out grows the velvets then step up to fuzzys!

ive even tryed small fuzzy and it want eat them the only time it will eat a fuzzy is when i rub pinky rat over the fuzzy rat ( and the fuzzy is red from blood)... my cape york is about 70cm and 15months old

Feed it a pink rat , then follow it straight away with a velvet rat ....
At 15 months old , it should be on something bigger than pink rats.

It's very hard to help when your post doesn't really give any kind of information. If you've got a video or something, then post it up please. If not, try to explain what your snake does.

thats y i was tryin 2 get some 1 in the rocky qld 2 come 2 my place and i was goin 2 show them wots hes doin etc

As Dickynee mentioned, feed it the pinky.. followed directly with a velvet.. the feeding response will be stronger (worked for me before when moving up sizes).

ive bin chain feedin him a pinky then a fuzzy 4 months now and he still want want take even a small fuzzy rats .. ive try even left em in over night and they 4 still there the next day if i hold the rat he will smell it then move a way from it ...

ive tryed brain it still no go .. tho i ant tryed putin the fuzzy in egg yet its like he dont like big food hes like of it scard i think

Last edited:
No offense, but if you really want help you will have to learn to spell and compose an actual sentence, people don't like struggling to read.

ive bin chain feedin him a pinky then a fuzzy 4 months now and he still want want take even a small fuzzy rats .. ive try even left em in over night and they 4 still there the next day if i hold the rat he will smell it then move a way from it ...

ive tryed brain it still no go .. tho i ant tryed putin the fuzzy in egg yet its like he dont like big food hes like of it scard i think

Try the yolk.. I had a problem feeder, I warmed up the rat.. dipped it in egg yolk and offered it. Don't wave it arounud in it's face if it isnt working, you'll stress it out. Just drop it in the enclosure after yolking and leave it alone. Dont stand there waiting for it to strike or anything, just let it be and check after a few hours. Hope it works for ya mate

ok thanks oshakoor ill try that thanks bro... tho if it dont work wot else can i try???? ... im not puttin him on mice cos i had 2 prob with my coastal and now its only eats g/pigs lol

ok thanks oshakoor ill try that thanks bro... tho if it dont work wot else can i try???? ... im not puttin him on mice cos i had 2 prob with my coastal and now its only eats g/pigs lol

IDK how to transition them onto bigger food sizes, mine are just guts and went from pinkies to fuzzies themselves. But I had a non feeder that wouldn't even eat a pinky. I starved him for a few weeks and left him completely alone, then I got a very small tub and put it on a heat mat so the temperature was quite warm, and then I brained the pinky and scented it with tuna. I put tuna all over it (the chunks, and the brine).

I don't know how quickly it took it, because I left it alone in complete darkness, but an hour later he had a full gut :D

You've had a couple of people now say to try a velvet rat instead of a fuzzy. Are you taking this in?

isnt a velvet rat just llike a small fuzzy rat?? ( the size of fuzzy ive tryed 2 feed him r not much bigger than a pinky rat ) and he still didnt eat it

well have a look on the chart and compare the measured size/weight to the size/weight of your velvets then you will be able to tell the naming they are using on the chart.

What can do is to sow a velvet onto a pinky with a cotton thread. After three or four meals of that try the velvet on its own.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back