woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol! 1500 woodies and it takes a mONTH? i only had like less than 40 and i had babies within like 2 wks. but i guess it varies. good luck to everyone who is breeding! :D

M

WOODIES FOR SALE on this site just set me up with a starter colony. Send her a PM for prices etc. Highly recommended.

she has excelent prices!!!

i got 5,300 ... LOL

1,300 adults, 2,000 mediums 2,000 small.

$260 (inc. delivery) this was with a HUGE discount tho... in the end, seeing her prices have shipping included.. they are about $20 cheaper per 1000-ish.

i use it as a feed/breed bin. the largers breed, while the smallers feed..

You can start with any number but I think it takes about 10 weeks for the babies to reach breeding age so if you just buy 1 tub and they start having babies, (I assume you bought adults) It'll be a few months before you can start using them without depleting your supply too much

it makes me sad when the adults die of old age... :(

Handy hint.
Dont feed off the winged grey ones if you want to build up a colony. Keep them because they live for 12 months and make lots of babies. Instead feed off the dark browns juvenile ones-there are always more growing up to replace, if the oldies are left to reproduce. Same as fish stocks really.
Bob

lol kirby, they have to die in a reptile's tummy :D lol

yeh i got adult oness buttss- apparantly they take like 50 days to grow to adult size lol

about 10 weeks anyway

M

Yep thats good m_beardie now just resist the temptation to use them for awhile and when the time comes, keep the winged ones like spongebob said.
Mine are breeding so much atm that I've put them in a cooler spot to try and slow them down a bit. Don't know if it'll help!

lol
i want mine to breed more and ur trying to stop em! haha lol
so dont feed the winged ones atm so they breed?
thanks

M

lol kirby, they have to die in a reptile's tummy :D lol

yeh i got adult oness buttss- apparantly they take like 50 days to grow to adult size lol

about 10 weeks anyway

M

i dont feed off the adults. the females have wings.. so their a big No-no.. i try to keep alot of adult males too....

when they die of age, i dont want to feed them to te dragons, incase a fly has laid eggs, maggots or they died of something else..

so its bad to feed ones with wings?
uh ohh... i better not then. :(

thanks heaps!
M

when they die of age, i dont want to feed them to te dragons, incase a fly has laid eggs, maggots or they died of something else..

I'm fairly sure maggots and fly eggs wouldn't harm your dragons.

PHilK imagine if they hatched inside him lol :D

spongebob- thanks, i wont feed him too many breeeding ones yet, i only feed them to him if we run out of crix.

M

hey guys just wondeirng, i know you can feed beardies silkworms. but can you feed them silkmoths? thanks, and my woodies are still not going anywhere, they should have bred by now, cause most of them have wings now.

i dont feed off the adults. the females have wings.. so their a big No-no.. i try to keep alot of adult males too....

Whats wrong with the winged ones? I just grab a handful, wings or not. He hasn't complained yet.

philK- yeh lol i was only jokine :D
lemonz- just give em food and neglect them :D
the boga- thats what i was wondering.

M

The winged ones are extra crunchy, he loves em. I sometimes have to wipe the left over roach legs off his mouth after he has a big feed.

i dont feed off the adults. the females have wings.. so their a big No-no.

Why? i feed them to mine all the time what does wings do?
just curious hope im not doin the wrong thing never heard of this before.

Whats wrong with the winged ones? I just grab a handful, wings or not. He hasn't complained yet.

i dont feed off the adults. the females have wings.. so their a big No-no.

Why? i feed them to mine all the time what does wings do?
just curious hope im not doin the wrong thing never heard of this before.

Kirby is saying not to feed winged ones because they are breeding age, which means thats one less roach that will breed, the winged ones are fine to feed, but if you want to breed, dont feed them..

Common sence.. just read the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back