woody housing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobojono

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i need some ideas for housing/breeding woodies

atm i have them in a sealed fish tank but need it for a herp

this has to be a quick fix as i need the tank by tmw

thanks for any help :)

A container like this one bought at bunnings hardware for $8.50 would be ideal. It measures 580x410x355mm , has wheels on the bottom, the lid locks on and holes can be drilled easily as shown here. using some fluon [from the herp shop, right Phil :p ] painted around the inside rim will prevent escapes. some egg cartons stacked on top oneanother will suffice for housing. imo you could have a colony of perhaps 2000 in each of these if yopu wanted.
`Cheers p.s. if you dont have fluon, you could just buy a sheet of fly screen big enough to cover the lid and some, at the same time, just put it under the lid, hanging over the sides.

container.thumb.jpg

c2.thumb.jpg

lid.thumb.jpg

flyscreen.thumb.jpg

Yup, wot E said :) I have just put a few explanitory pics in my album for you to see exactly what he means :) The white band around the inside rim is the Fluon ADI that the prof speaks of :)

Breeding and housing woodies is easy ....Use silicone spray around the edge if you don't have the fluon paint don't use lids they trap flies etc...Big plastic tub OK.........Look at the section caresheets from the herpshop...tghere is a big article on there about woodies.
Good luck

insectovor said:
Breeding and housing woodies is easy ....Use silicone spray around the edge if you don't have the fluon paint don't use lids they trap flies etc...Big plastic tub OK.........Look at the section caresheets from the herpshop...tghere is a big article on there about woodies.
Good luck

I agree....they thrive on neglect

The true name of the fluon paint is Teflon! it only cost about 800 dollars for 25 litres. Thats why silicone does the trick.

I'll stick with the Fluon thanks :) I've had one small bottle that has so far lasted me over 2 years. I have painted and repainted many tubs in this time and it has hardly gone down at all as you only use it very sparingly for best results and in my opinion is great value just for the convenience and ease of use.

has any1 ever had a white cockroach ???

i check mine today and one of them was white, im sure it wasnt b4

can high temps cause albinism ?

i have had exatally the same thing their jonno... can someone else explain? as only one or two of all of my woodies seem to go white or are born white at some stage or another

It's when they have just shed mostly in the morning but not un common during the day

ive seen em shed b4 there at there best eating for lizards when there white

I know what a woodie is over here and it's certainly not an animal (though my wife might say so :wink: ). Just out of curiousity, what are they?

You dont need substrate. Just use the fluon stuff around the top of the sides, put in some things for them to hide under (boxes, cardboard, egg cartons, etc) and just give em a bit of food. THeir live bearers so you dont need peat moss or anything for egg laying. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back