wooodies shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_beardie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, today i went into my room and saw one of my woodies looking like it's shedding its skin. i took a couple of picz.
but they are still loading so i will put them on soon.

tell me what you think!

M

Yep , you got it.Woodies do shed =) They turn a white colour (almost albino looking) and they are very squishy.But after a few days they go back to normal and harden up.

sxken6.jpg

wierd huh?

nikki, they are white and look reli squishy.. lol
they look less scarier when they are black actually
lol i have nevaa seen it before!! not even skin.
hey crickets do that too dont thay?

thanks for ur help :D

M

nikki, they are white and look reli squishy.. lol
they look less scarier when they are black actually
lol i have nevaa seen it before!! not even skin.
hey crickets do that too dont thay?

thanks for ur help :D

M
Anytime

I love them when they are white! :p

Yes, crickets do that also

Make sure it is huamely killed before feeding it to a lizard they are particularly sensitive at this time and it would be cruel to feed it to a lizard while alive. They are awesome animals, give one a fish food pellet and you can watch them play rugby, they are quite smart to be able to pick up a human sport without even seeing it.

lol thats so cute chris about the rugby! LOL
i think i might just let it grow, i dont want to kill it and i dont want to be cruel.. so ill wait til it is older lol

thanks!

M

i had a white one. i was so weird. i thought something was wrong, but clearly it wasnt! you guys helped and i didnt even need to ask.:)

yeah when I first started breeding woodies I thought I'd stumbled across a rare albino one - then another, and another and finally I caught on to what was really happening!
For a few days though I had visions of having a new species named after me and becoming rich and famous in the insect world lol.

buttss- lol :D i have never seen one thats white (appart from the one i saw)and i havent even seen any skin...

lemonz-thats what we are here for :D

M

yeah when I first started breeding woodies I thought I'd stumbled across a rare albino one - then another, and another and finally I caught on to what was really happening!
For a few days though I had visions of having a new species named after me and becoming rich and famous in the insect world lol.
LOL I also thought I had stumbled across an albino when I first saw them.

Make sure it is huamely killed before feeding it to a lizard they are particularly sensitive at this time and it would be cruel to feed it to a lizard while alive.

I don't see a smilie so I don't think you are kidding? So we're now supposed to kill freshly shed woodies humanely before feeding because they can't get away as easily???

Don't tell me, we should CO2 them? :shock::shock::shock:

We'll have to disagree on this one. ;)

falconby-- whats CO2 them?
yeh um, they are going to die anyway?
not going against cris or anything but thats my opinion

M

it means to use gas.But seriously why would u kill em? It's like killing 1 with no legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back