work visitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yommy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bewtween the Central and Mid North Coast - NSW
Hi all,

Here is a little guy i relocated at work today. It's a juvi Yellow Faced Whip Snake
- Demansia psammophis psammophis.

He had a great litle temperatment and awesome colouring with red running through the mid bodies and a blue through the sides and ventrals and you can't beat the tear drop eye.
I swear he winked as he was released to fight another day :)

But it's good to educate people, now at work instead of trying to kill herps i get the call to come and remove them instead, the message is slowing getting out there. Thought i would share the pics.

Last edited:
it was the 1st yellow faced whip i've seen in a while (excluding black whips which are a dime a dozen in the NTand you encountered almost on a dialy basis) since being back in QLD.
He did have striking colours though.

yellow faced whip snakes are usually very skittish, how did you manage to catch him/her?

the other week a neigbour came over and said he had a snake in his garden and asked if i could remove it. how he knew i had snakes i dont know. any way here are some pics

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010022.jpg
    P1010022.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 51
does anyone know of anyone breeding yellow faced whip snakes?

Job well done yommy and romper - keep up the good work guys.

Hornet,I think Whip Snakes aren't kept by many people and I think I heard that most are WC and they are hard to breed.I don't know much about it.
Mitch

Beautiful little snake. I moved a similar sized D p reticulata a few years ago, flicky little bugger, wouldnt sit still.

Jordan

Moved a nice little childrens out of the kennels the other night. The guys working didn't know what it was and were going to kill it. As I lived 5 minutes from work they rang me instead.

the little whip snake looks like a little worm. so cute.
thats a descent sized brisbane/coastal . he doesnt look to aggressive either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back