worming lizards- dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAS101

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just wondering who here worms there lizards and or dragons ?
what do u use ? wormout gel ? how often should it be done ?
any info would be great .

worming lizards etc.

hi there..worm-out gel is fine...one ml. per kg. with a minimum of one to be used each time what is important [imo] is to back -up the treatment in 12-13 days to break the gestation or egg laying cycle.... remember most parasites lay 20,000 eggs plus a day and yes they have a high mortality rate but that is still a lot of eggs....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

hi there..worm-out gel is fine...one ml. per kg. with a minimum of one to be used each time what is important [imo] is to back -up the treatment in 12-13 days to break the gestation or egg laying cycle.... remember most parasites lay 20,000 eggs plus a day and yes they have a high mortality rate but that is still a lot of eggs....cheers solar 17 [Baden]
Would that be the same with Snakes Baden,or just lizards.What if you want to worm a 6month old,do you use half a ml,or wait til its atleast 1kg in weight.

just calculate the dose based on weight wiht a calculater adn get your self a very small syrindge
if your confident enough you can administer it direct or inject it into the snakes food

I had to worm my snake (vet found some parasites) he gave me a syringe that went up 0.1,0,0.3ml etc :) and same as lizards.

Would that be the same with Snakes Baden,or just lizards.What if you want to worm a 6month old,do you use half a ml,or wait til its atleast 1kg in weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back