worming snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.bredl.mad

Reaction score
Hi guy just wondering how i would go about worming my snakes. What products should i use?, how much of it should i use? and how is it administered?

Thanks.

difrent pproducts have diffrent dose rates but as long as its got PRAZIQUANTEL or/and FENBENDAZOLE as the active ingredeents it will do the trick, dose rate is usual based off of the snakes wight, best way to administer is to enject the dose into a food item and feed it as per normal, worming sould be done ever 3 months as with any animal.
but read the instriuctions on the product you do decied to use,

hope this helps

whatever the vet prescribes to treat the problem,...
its better to get the poo tested first incase theres more than just visible worms,...

hows crows nest for u?
David Vella is great,...ill see if i can find the number,...

Yea sounds good mate see how you go. Im not too sure how he would have got worms to be honest.

David charges about $100 for a checkup and faecal exam. When I got a new snake checked earlier this year he suggested using a commercial wormer (ReptiWorm) which contains both of the drugs mentioned by pyrodarknessanny. His recommendation was worming with the recommended dose in two consecutive feeds, 10 - 14 days apart. He recommended worming twice a year. It is well worth seeing him, as he asks all about the environment your herps are in and is able to offer all-round advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back