Worried about my BHP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnerguy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently went away on a camping trip for almost a week, left feeling satisfied about how I left my two Reps, a Coastal Carpet and BHP. I came home this afternoon, and the heat cord I had left running in Asp's (the BHPs) enclosure was cold, and when I touched her, she was cold as death. She barely responded to my touch and wasn't moving. (Usually she's pretty cage grumpy) But the odd thing was, she was doing these head throes, which I swear are similar to those of neurologically affected Jag Carpets. I put a heat lamp in, and am trying to warm her up slowly, but was wondering if you guys had any input as to what I should be doing to help warm her up, or if there's anything I should be looking out for. She's moved a bit since putting the lamp on but I'm still worried. Thanks for any input...
Clancy

i'd just keep the heat up to her and keep an eye on it.

was she fed before you went away?

Follow the good advice of just keeping Asps as warm as you can if she was moving around a litle will be fine if there was no food in its belly will be fine just before you went away even if you dont heat snakes over night and touch them the next morning they are very cold

just wanted to make sure your heat light has a cage, would hate for you to have to deal with burns as well as whatever is going on,....

they can and do get RI from being to cold for too long so keep a close on on it

Yeah, thanks for the concern, the heat lamp sits atop her cage on the wire mesh lid. Thx for the tip, i'll keep an ear out for her breathing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back