Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about the dark colour, They are constantly changing like a chameleon. If they are cold, they turn dark to absorb more heat, as they get warmer they go lighter to absorb less heat. They will also go darker when threatened and when stressed. For instance an Eastern Beardie will go Jet black, open its mouth, expand its beard and flatten out its body. It will then turn slightly sideways and lean its body towards you in a threat display. An Eastern can change colour from a Central Beardie yellow all the way through to jet black in the space of a minute, depending on its mood and temperature. As long as you have a basking spot, a place to cool down and a hiding place he should settle over time.:)

HaHa didn't look at the date.

if Squish is happy he is almost white and yellow,when kinda annoyed a tan and orange,when he feels down right peeved off he goes really murky brown and his tail goes jet black.if he doesn't like someone he goes the same colour but full on black beard the pirate.arrr me hearties.and when he is annoyed at me he is finally mostly orange/red.

its my understanding that beardies go a darker colour when they arnt up to temp / cold .
what temp is the basking area at? [ when i say temp i dont mean the numbers on the thermostat]

mine go lighter and more colourful when they are brumating, or colder than usual

sorry to jump on the thread but at night it gets to 18degrees here, should i put a night light in for heat? if so what type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back