XR6 owners!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest though, the ford is a good car. there doesnt seem to be many problems that have plagued them, motors are strong, especially so in the turbo range. and they are just as comfortable if not more so then the commodores of the same time.

no point saying an ss would smash a ford xr6, its a 6. to compare evenly you would have to compare an ss to a xr6t, and the ford holds its own well and truely. but having said that i prefer the holdens.

Fords reliability is in the gearboxes and diff we had a f6 which would continually need replacement diffs and gearboxes....

we have 6 XR company utes from BA up to current model. 2 being turbo's. 1 is 4sp auto the other 6sp auto. the rest are all auto's. have only had 1 noisy diff which was replaced under warranty. so buy a ford.

damo your a hoon.

Hi mate i am the assistant foreman at the local ford dearlership and we dont get too much go wrong with these cars, any questions pm me happy to help

We have 2 V8 supercar mock ups 1 is a BA XR8 that's is producing 550HP and the outher is a BF XR8 producing 610HP both are running standard gearbox and diffs and we have never had a problem. Theses cars get driven very hard (Craig lowndes and Jamie wincup have also race these cars around the track giving them hell)

So i have complete faith in the reliability of the fords gearbox's and diffs also the motor as these both are running pritty much standers ford engines they just had a bit of work done to them:lol:

Also is a pic of the real thing that we have its Tony Longhurst X AU v8 supercar now this is fun to drive hehehe

Lewy

Attachments

• 11122007(001).jpg
    11122007(001).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 11122007.jpg
    11122007.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Copy of Morgan Park March 2008 003.jpg
    Copy of Morgan Park March 2008 003.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 49
We have 2 V8 supercar mock ups 1 is a BA XR8 that's is producing 550HP and the outher is a BF XR8 producing 610HP both are running standard gearbox and diffs and we have never had a problem. Theses cars get driven very hard (Craig lowndes and Jamie wincup have also race these cars around the track giving them hell)

So i have complete faith in the reliability of the fords gearbox's and diffs also the motor as these both are running pritty much standers ford engines they just had a bit of work done to them:lol:

Also is a pic of the real thing that we have its Tony Longhurst X AU v8 supercar now this is fun to drive hehehe

Lewy
Now your just showing off Lewy.Very Very jealous.

Unfortunately I crashed my car yesterday and am now considering getting an xr6. Looking at the 2004 model and was wondering if any of you that own one either ba or bf had anything good/bad to say about them?
Cheers,
Adam

You will get sick of replacing lower ball joints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back