Xraying blue tongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenmouse

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can blueys be sexed by xray like small monitors just wondering if anyone has tried it ? If no one has tried it i will let you know my outcome on friday as i will run some of mine through the xray machine and see what i can see!?

Sorry to say that xrays are not useful for sexing. I would advise you to save yourself some money and your blueys some radiation by not bothering with the scans on Friday.

Sorry to say that xrays are not useful for sexing. I would advise you to save yourself some money and your blueys some radiation by not bothering with the scans on Friday.
Have you tried it , what was the difficulty with it ? , and its ok i am getting 2 monitors and the bluey done all in 1 go so it wont cost me any extra.

Blue tongues do not have the same anatomy, and it will give you no useful information. You asked a simple question and I gave you the simple answer, but you don't have to take my word for it. A search on google will probably take you all of 5 minutes. If thats too difficult then have a look at some of the past threads on bluetongueskinks.net/forums. My point is, maybe try doing a little research before exposing your pets to pointless and potentially harmful tests.

who cares if he is getting it done at no extra cost all it means as he has a couple really cool things to stick on the wall and hopefully show us first.

Blue tongues do not have the same anatomy, and it will give you no useful information. You asked a simple question and I gave you the simple answer, but you don't have to take my word for it. A search on google will probably take you all of 5 minutes. If thats too difficult then have a look at some of the past threads on bluetongueskinks.net/forums. My point is, maybe try doing a little research before exposing your pets to pointless and potentially harmful tests.
Chill out i was just asking you the details of why it did not work ? i was not doubting you! as i said i have never heard of it being done before and you seemed to have some authority on the matter so i ask you again why it didn't work ?

Sorry if my answers were a little short, it's been a long day at work. It is a little surprising to see how many are so keen to push you to give your blue tongues a blast of radiation.*

Tyson and Joshua, I realise you are probably just some dumb kids having a laugh, but if you ever do decide to blast your animals with x-rays for fun, maybe do us all a favor and point them at your crotch instead. There is a reason that we limit the use of x-rays in medicine, and where possible lead shielding is used (esp over reproductive organs) when we do have to perform them.

My two cents worth, which is OT, so sorry to OP. But if your machine is checked on a regular basis and coned properly before the taking of an x-ray there should not be much, if any at all, scatter. So to the users the risk is minimal. I myself am exposed to radiation on a very regular basis and hardly ever wear protective gear. Yes I should, but our machine is checked regularly and scatter is very minimal.
As for exposing reptiles to radiation...... seriously, the radiation they will be exposed to, is no more than walking down the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back