Yabbies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spitso

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Well i'm thinking of selling yabbies from sizes small-medium-large for around $6.50 a dozen. I was just wondering before i start to sell them on the for sale posts how many people would be interested? YAbbies can be eaten by many snakes and crocodiles and other animals.

Please post if you are interested.

Thank-you Spitso

Hi i'm based in Melbourne metro area. The large yabbies are faily bullky from what i see.

Hi again if i find out away to post pictures of them ill post them below. Yabbies are $6.50 depending on there weight/size Also i forgot to say they are eaten too by humans and are quite nice to. kinda like a mini lobster/crayfish. They can be used as bait. All yabbies are caught fresh. When you place an order that order will be caught within 3 days. Sorry about the pictures they were taken in a rush this morning. The yabbies in the pictures were part of an order of 100 that went to a Fish and Tackle shop. So once again if anyone is interested in buying some yabbies please put your name down to see if its a woth while bussiness to put in the for sale forum. Please excuse if some of the above text does not make much sense since im only 14 years old trying to make a small bussines.

Thank-you Jordan (Any ideas on how to post yabbies???)

Attachments

• Photo-0094.jpg
    Photo-0094.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Photo-0095.jpg
    Photo-0095.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Photo-0096.jpg
    Photo-0096.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Photo-0097.jpg
    Photo-0097.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
G'day mate, a fine business you've got going. if you don't get as many orders as you've planned, might i suggest breeding high quality rats as reptile food? You'd certainly get plenty of buyers! Plenty of herpos in melbourne metro area.

-H

Thanks for the suggestion Nephrurus but i don't think my mum would let my breed rats in her house lol but still nice suggestion.

So no one would buy any yabbies?

Hi hodges_399

No the price isn't $6.50 each there $6.50 a dozen (12) but for large its $7 a dozen (12) If you would like to place an order so than i can go and catch them, but are you gonna pick them up?? because dont know who to post live yabbies.

Price list

tiny= $4 per dozen

small=$5 per dozen

Medium=$6 per dozen

Large=$7 per dozen
(these price's may be temporary, may want to take advantage)

Is the below yabbie ok for large?

Attachments

• Photo-0098.jpg
    Photo-0098.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
how big are the tinys? and meds i will buy a whole heap if there the right size for me ;)

cheers matt

Hodges_399 im located in Melbourne Metro (tullarmarine)

And Matty.B for tiny i can get smaller very soon but i recently got some which are 2 inches from tip of tail to tip of head. Hope this size is ok for you.

Below is the picture of the tiny i have in stock at the moment.

Attachments

• Photo-0099.jpg
    Photo-0099.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 39
Does anyone know where or who might buy these yabbies???

I just have to ask - but isn't it illegal to sell your catch here in Australia? Especially natives???

Im not a big worrier of it - but if you get busted, you might be 14, but your parents come liable... I am NOT positive of the law - but I would check this first if I was you - especially before you go making your first million :)

Good luck!

So by that I thought they're caught fresh out of the stream.... if so - selling them is illegal I'm sure - for any purpose... But is breeding them and selling them illegal, especially if you're selling them as food? These are all good questions.... And ones I'm sure no one has ever gone to jail for!

I think it would be illegal to sell them as food - but to sell them as pets is ok... when they leave his hands, what people do with them is not his problem, but he muist make the best intentions of selling them as pets only... That's the law I believe!!!

And seeing as he has advertised them as 'food' for many varieties of animals including humans, he may find this breaches state and federal law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back