yahhh easter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The custom of not eating red meat on good friday has no basis from the bible, however for anyone who does observe this tradition I do not wish to offend you, it is your right to do so.

I think the custom of eating fish on Good Friday was started by a fish monger...... :wink: :lol:

Re: RE: yahhh easter

hugsta said:
The custom of not eating red meat on good friday has no basis from the bible, however for anyone who does observe this tradition I do not wish to offend you, it is your right to do so.

I think the custom of eating fish on Good Friday was started by a fish monger...... :wink: :lol:

Some Ancestor of John West from Jerusalem ! :lol:

danw,
if it means what i THINK you THINK it means, let me ask you this,

how can it mean that when its on a different DATE every year,

if thats what it truely represented it would be on the same DAY EVERY YEAR, just like christmas, and even christmas isnt about what christians belive

if you REALLY read the bible you would know that
in the bible god never celebrated birthdays, or (due to the fact that people died) they had celebrations but for no sperficic reason,
if you are a true christian, i suggest you ACTUALLY read the entire bible and then you might relise the TRUTH

Lushvl

Don't make this a serious thread please.... it will get locked or deleted.
You can never have discussions about religion because so many people believe in different things.

Good luck to everyone finding their eggs tomorrow!! I am childless this easter so I won't be having the egg hunt unfortunately.

Re: RE: yahhh easter

lushvl said:
danw,
if it means what i THINK you THINK it means, let me ask you this,

how can it mean that when its on a different DATE every year,

if thats what it truely represented it would be on the same DAY EVERY YEAR, just like christmas, and even christmas isnt about what christians belive

if you REALLY read the bible you would know that
in the bible god never celebrated birthdays, or (due to the fact that people died) they had celebrations but for no sperficic reason,
if you are a true christian, i suggest you ACTUALLY read the entire bible and then you might relise the TRUTH
Is this meant to be for me??

Ummm... Most of this doesn't even make sense, you obviously haven't read the entire bible, and if you have, you clearly don't understand it, and finally do you really believe that there is truth in the bible, based upon what you just said, you do!!

I have never said that birthdays have a basis in the bible, so why would you mention it as if it was some fault your were catching me or anyone out on??

rascal779, this topic or the integrades topic had nothing to do with the reason they get locked, it was because some members couldn't refrain from name calling and breaking the rules.

RE: Re: RE: yahhh easter

it wasnt for you

Easter Sunday is the Sunday following the Paschal Full Moon (PFM) date for the year. In June 325 A.D. astronomers approximated astronomical full moon dates for the Christian church, calling them Ecclesiastical Full Moon (EFM) dates. From 326 A.D. the PFM date has always been the EFM date after March 20 (which was the equinox date in 325 A.D.).

They had chocolate eggs back then Sherm? :lol:

Well the chocolate chickens had to lay something inny!!! LOL

I think the custom of eating fish on Good Friday was started by a fish monger......

Actually, at the time when it was started, the catholic shurch owned the fishmongers.
It was simply to get more people to buy fish.

lushvl, that's not really true.
It means to people what it means to people.
It may not be the historical basis for the holiday / celebration, but it is the meaning to them.

Lushvl there was no need for that nasty post....how would you know how much I read the bible.your pre-juding me before you even know me...anway I was only saying what I felt if it offended you so much I'm sorry.

And by the way I never said it was a celebration I find it is more of a reflective day....

ANYWAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

how about we leave it at that aye,
i dont want to start arguments,
everyone has there own opinion and belives and what have you :)

YAH EASTER EGGS :) mmmmmmmm yummy

Why did you ask what it means to people then?

I thought the Bible was the greatest fiction novel ever written, a bit like star wars......

But is fun to celebrate a pagan northern hemisphere Spring fertility festival with all the eggs and bunnies and all the like.

It amuses me that the big Muslim, Christrian and Jewish festivals happen to fall on the dates of the ancient (northern hemisphere) celebrations of the solstices and equinoxes.

well we love chocolat but our bunny has met with fowl play and im afraid the kiddies will have to wait till next year,hhmmmmmmmmmmmm

baz

well u guys have a happy day ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back