• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

yellow faced whip snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardboy_ryan

Reaction score
does anyone have any yellow faced whip snakes or any other mildly venomous snakes for sale and how much do they cost

thanks

I think they are a few around but they are rarely for sale from what i have seen. I think i saw some selling for $200 a while back though.

I wouldnt consider them as mildly venomous either, most books i have read class them as potentially dangerous especially to young, old and immunocomprimised ppl.

If you want something that wont be a big deal if it does bite you i would go for a marsh/swamp snake, white crowned snake or one of those other little ones. I dont know how common they are though :?
Most of these snakes will often be feeding on lizards and may need to be weaned onto mice(if possible)

Green treesnakes have mild venom too they go for about $300-$500 as hatchies.

I have been bitten a couple of times by a yellow face whip.

And i had no reaction, however as cris says will vary from person to person.

Oh by the way, they are very very fast.

So make sure your room is secure when your getting it out of its enclosure.

No, I use to catch them in long grass as a kid.

It was the first ven snake that i had been bitten by. It hurt more than a 7ft carpet and it was only 2 ft.

But I lived in noosa next to grass lands, and they were everywhere.

I am lucky enough to have them in my yard, as said they are lightning fast. They will be hard to get on lic. though. Bites generally cause localised pain and swelling.

i caught 1 the other week at the beach near the scrub on some rocks and it was so cute and really fast. i caught it and moved it up into the bush because it would have been killed because it was near the public swimming pool and surf club.

I can't remember exactly what it did, but i can't remember to much pain except when it sunk it's fangs in lol .

Well if you can find them, it shouldln't be to hard obtain one because they're class1.

But as I've said they're so fast, make sure if you take them out to clean and stuff you have a room you can close and secure.

You might be thinking of green tree pythons which are realy expenicve from day one.

Green tree snakes have venom, are you sure? They swallow their prey whole and live. I thought it was only the brown tree snake that had mild venom.

I've heard Marsh/Swamp snakes are very good in captivity too and you can virtually handle themwithout a snakehook.

one of my mates has one he wanted to sell to me last week....

He is not on APS (silly idiot has not got the internet)!

I just called him he is at work, I will let you know..... when he gets back to me!

Bitten a couple of weeks ago, they're fast little ****s, there was the local swelling and it made me a little ill for the day, swelling lasted a couple of days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back