• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yellow Spotted Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBlakes

Reaction score
Christmas special - valid until 1 Jan 2010 i will take $800

Scientific Name Varanus panoptes panoptes

Common Name Yellow Spotted monitor

Age 1 1/2

Sex ???

Length 70cm i think.. can check if u need to know exact

Quantity Available 1

Bred By Sonia Dewdney

General Description Gorgeous colours, does not bite.. hisses a lot and whips a bit when held but does calm once held. As do all panoptes. Selling only due to marriage break down and have to move to smaller house and will no longer have room.

Location Mt Gambier, SA

Willing to Freight? YES. can work something out if ur with in driving range.

Contact Details 0431837252 or [email protected]

License Number (Required for NSW and SA Sellers) F43667

Last edited:
OK i have looked at a few other threads and people seem to be suggesting they sell a panoptes for around $600-800.. i bought this guy for $800 as a hatchie so i am not looking to profit.. i think $800 is a great price.. the markings are great and has fabulous colour. I have already had a loss with the marriage and i dont wanna have to basically give him away by selling this panoptes for far less than its worth. Sonia is a very trusted and experienced reptile keeper and she breeds stunning animals, I knew little about panoptes when i got him and was considering a sand monitor.. but then heard the plight the panoptes is having with the cane toads up north and was looking to establish a network to raise the number of captive panoptes. However due to my circumstances i can not do this..
This guy has been great.. i used to put him in a bearded dragon harness and walk him out in the yard (the term 'walk' is used quite loosly here, was more of a follow him sometimes) He has never bitten or attampted to bite.. when i hold him he does settle down quite a lot although i would reccomend long gloves as his back claws are quite sharp and he will scratch you as he attempts to wriggle a bit...

So there is my story i guess... if you think $1000 is too much and $800 isnt reasonable pm me with your best offer and if it is a genuine offer and you arent just playing around i will consider it. once again its not by choice i am getting rid of my panoptes.. i have to down size my collection to just 3 jungles to satisfy the landlord so i can get a rental as i have to sell my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back