Yellow stripe on water python's face

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oreo1

Reaction score
Hey there everyone.
So basically after my yearling wp Pandora shed a few days ago, I noticed she had this faint marking on her face. Once I took her out, it appeared to be a yellow stripe. We went out in the sun this arvo to try and get a pic, but it is soo difficult to represent truely on camera. Here's my attempt at capturing it.

pandorastripe.jpgstripe2.jpg

another.jpg

I know some might think it only looks like a reflection of the sun off the scales or something, and tbh I dont know what it is, but it is there.... Anywehs, has anyone seen anything like this with wp's? Will it go away with the next shed, or is it likely to enhance with each slough?
Thanks, Britt

Attachments

• pandastripe2.jpg
    pandastripe2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 114
  • stripey2.jpg
    stripey2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
hi my step son has a water python and he said that its nothing to worry about its just a blemish that will go away in time

not a blemish, some of the scales have come off with its last slough, my male has done it numerous times..... always heals fine

A few years ago I hatched a Water Python with a missing frontal scale (the scale your one has a 'stripe' on). It's difficult to tell from the pictures but it looks like yours might have a funny frontal scale too rather than having a coloured stripe on the frontal scale.

I'd say yours is what andysnakes said, a bit of the scale came off and it will heal up over the next slough or few.

Thanks andysnakes and Sdaji, its good to know it isn't permanent and will heal ok :) Sorry, bit of a late reply but anyway.
Cheers,
Britt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back