Yellow Wiggle Greg

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes4me2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I heard on the news this morning that Greg isnt to well, he keeps passing out and thy dont know why, he may have to quit the wiggles:(

i just read that not long ago to. my kids will be disappointed! hope he gets better!

Yeah coz the dude that is filling in for him is about 4 foot shorter then him :lol: and it just dont look right

is he really! lol i haven't seen pics yet. should have a look lol. the wiggles just wouldn't be the wiggles without greg i don't think.

Gee that is really sad news. I have loved the Wiggles for well over 10 years now (OH GEEZ - I think that admits that I was still into little kid stuff when I was 13-23 --- at least now i have an excuse with 2 kids (4y and 10months) )
I hope Greg's health returns and the fun and music and entertainment of The Wiggles continues for many more years.

That will teach him to rip kids and their parents off blind....Poor him now he will have to retire to his millions of dollars, Poor poor man I really feel for him :rolleyes:

P.S
A few years ago there was a small Australian town who needed a fire station so the town put on a fete and a few of the town guys dressed up for the kids and sung and danced for them and called themselves "The giggles"....The wiggles tried to sue them for using their name............Think about that next time you go to buy a dvd or video of them!!!!!!!

Well im sure he wasnt the only person behind that, it isnt just the 4 wiggles, i must admit i am a bit shocked to hear that but you cant just blame him and say he rips everyone off

But you have to agree that charging kids $40 each to go to their "fun park" is nothing short of legal robbery, Plus an adult also has to pay to go and watch their children so if a mother and father took their 4 kids admission alone is over $200 and thats not including food,drinks,toys and wiggles merchandise that the kids will want.

Can easily turn in to a $400 day

That just the price of fame i guess. They have to cover costs and pay wages, its the same as everything else. Why does milk go up every few months? I have 3 kids and when its breaky time we go through ALOT of milk and its over 5 dollars for 3 ltrs, not to mention everything else that goes in a trolley. Everything you buy you are getting ripped off.

They use the guilt system,
What parent would want to tell their children they can't go to see the wiggles because it's too expensive?
The sooner people like the wiggles get stamped out the better, Their shows aren't educational.....cold spaghetti cold spaghetti :rolleyes:
I could make a better kids song in 5 minutes

Mate by the sound of it you dont have kids, They are educational in a big way, they have taught my kids heaps, dancing along with them, singing along with them etc. I cant sing so i dont and if it wasnt for the wiggles my 2 year old daughter wouldnt be singing. I dont lie to my kids, if we cant afford to go somewhere we tell them we have to save because it costs alot to get 3 kids and 2 adults in anywhere and they understand (the two older ones anyway)

They use the guilt system,
What parent would want to tell their children they can't go to see the wiggles because it's too expensive?
The sooner people like the wiggles get stamped out the better, Their shows aren't educational.....cold spaghetti cold spaghetti :rolleyes:
I could make a better kids song in 5 minutes

I regularly tell my kids that they can't have things that cost too much, I'd suggest not having kids if you feel incapable of doing this.
What's educational got to do with anything? Are the Rolling Stones educational?
As a parent, you choose if your kids watch the Wiggles, you chose whether to buy them the DVDs etc. If you are unable to exercise your own self control on the issure, how do you go blaming the Wiggles for the fact that they want to make money?
If you are able to do better, do so... then you'll have the millions and be able to take your kids to Wiggle land every day :)

P.S
A few years ago there was a small Australian town who needed a fire station so the town put on a fete and a few of the town guys dressed up for the kids and sung and danced for them and called themselves "The giggles"....The wiggles tried to sue them for using their name............Think about that next time you go to buy a dvd or video of them!!!!!!!

That might not have been them. Could well have been their agents/management or someone that they are contracted to, like Sony or EMI.

There was a story I heard some years ago about a carpenter in some town in the States named Robert Virgin. He had his own business called Virgin Carpentry. After a time he received a leetr from the legal representatives of the Virgin Group claiming they had global copyright on the name Virgin and he would have to change his business name or they would take him to the cleaners. He wrote back explaining the situation and that no-one in his little town could possibly confuse his carpentry business with the Virgin Group. He received an even more stern letter and, after consulting a lawyer, changed his business name. Richard Branson didn't even know about it.

:p

Hix

Hey why not bag him out its not like hes sacred like steve irwin:rolleyes:

I say damn the cost. My kids loved the Wiggles and everytime they came to Alice Springs I was the first in line to buy the tickets. I think if any of us had the same opportunity as the Wiggles, we would jump at it. Find a niche and fill it - good business sense. What worries me is that I think I liked the Wiggles songs more than my children.

I hope Greg makes a speedy recovery.

BTW, what is wrong with Tattoo Wiggles? (Greg's replacement) Being short doesn't make him less of a man. Also, I hear the Wiggles are writing a song called "De plane, de plane" in honour of him..

I went out with a guy who went to school with Murray.

I hope Greg gets better...despite what the grown ups think, kids adore the Wiggles.

They are educational- they teach kids how to talk, they teach them movement, patterns (think repeating actions in songs)......the list goes on. They even teach them other languages!

I believe two (maybe more) are actually trained in child education- and they apply that to their style, to ensure that they are educational.

And I would assume the management of the Wiggles were responsible for the suing- not the Wiggles themselves- they aren't those sort of guys.

Greg is a really nice person from what I have seen. He used to come into a supermarket I worked at, down to earth always polite and interested in others. I would feel really suprised if the band itself were behind the suing. They are Australia's biggest musical export (or something like that) and they have really achieved something that they should feel proud of. My best wishes to Greg and his family, hoping he gets well again.

Why is it that some people have to find a reason to put other people down. There is a term called "tall poppy syndrome". I suggest that some people find out what that means.

To accuse the wiggles of being uneducational and a rip off clearly comes from someone who has never sat there and watched their 3 year old child copy all of their songs, dance to them and sing every word. They teach many things without it being obvious, team work, acceptance of other people, how to share, to be kind, to be polite, how to eat healthily, the list goes on. The kids learn these lessons by listening to the songs.

My parents taught me a good lesson when i was young - "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"... was good advice that more people should listen to.

Why is it that some people have to find a reason to put other people down. There is a term called "tall poppy syndrome". I suggest that some people find out what that means.

To accuse the wiggles of being uneducational and a rip off clearly comes from someone who has never sat there and watched their 3 year old child copy all of their songs, dance to them and sing every word. They teach many things without it being obvious, team work, acceptance of other people, how to share, to be kind, to be polite, how to eat healthily, the list goes on. The kids learn these lessons by listening to the songs.

My parents taught me a good lesson when i was young - "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"... was good advice that more people should listen to.

And the satisfaction it brings a parent to watch their child sing a new wiggles song is priceless if you ask me.

As for the tall poppy syndrome, isnt that the typical aussie way, get people really famous then bag the crap out them because they have actually achieved something in their life, and as usual it comes down to the money they are making from it. Hence the reason i put MONEY as the meaning of life in that thread;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back