Yet another great offer :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLANA

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well turns out I'm quite a lucky person. Dosn't seem to matter what wanted add I place on pet link there is always someone in cameroon that has one to give me for free. So far I have a few red tail boa's, some black heads, various monitors and now to top off my luck a heap of unwanted beardies. Works out so cheap when all you have to do is pay for freight;). I"m thinking of placing a add for "wanted green tree pythons" in the hope that someone in cameroon might have a give away one they can't look after:lol::rolleyes:. Anyhow just thought I would share this latest one as it's a little different to the one's I've received before " you think there for real:shock::lol:" lol.

Hello
I got a call from a friend in Brisbane who saw your ad and he gave your address.Well as a matter of fact I had 6 pairs but now left with 4pairs (parents and 2 pairs babies) and I am having a lot of difficulties taking care of them because I am busy with a project with WWF.We are tracking a rare bird specie called the Bannerman's turaco here in Cameroon.Please I have been looking for someone to adopt them .We are so busy with work such that we hardly have time for them.that is why we have decided to give them for adoption.Selling animals is not our thing and we feel it is not right.My husband and I have decided to give only to someone caring and serious .Handling them is fun.I just shipped the other pairs to my friend who was willing to adopt them and so asked him to get someone back home who needs them too..I was in Brisbane recently but as earlier mentioned I am now out of the country with my husband for this project.Please if you are interested then reply me OK so we can arrange on how you can get them.Shipping cost for 1 or a pair is $115 to Australia.Hence there is no difference shipping 1 or a pair.I heard you want just a pair.However we just hoped that you could take all 4 pairs and help us relocate them back home to potential keepers.It will be a relieve for us if f you can accept all the pairs.Please we will be grateful; if you take care of the shipping fee.I have a CITES permit issued by the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Water Resources back home in Australia.I therefore have the permit to ship back home on NON-COMMERCIAL BASIS.That is one of the reasons why I do not and I am not selling them.All I am asking of you is to assist me first of all financially to cover part of the shipping expenses and secondly materially to provide a home for the dragons.There are other expenditures which I will personally cover such as insurance ,certificate of transfer of property etc.My friend paid approx $230 ( $115 per pair) to ship the other pairs and equipment to my friend through Brisbane airport.It might a bit higher or lower depending on your location or nearest airport from where you can pick them up.Please get back to us if interested for details.
Thanks a lot and just hope I found the right person.I hereby attach their pictures .We will also like to know the kind of accommodation you will offer the dragon as well as your experience.
Best regards
Leah Phyllis and Francis

Wouldn't it be nice if people who wrote those scams, and people who believed those scams, were wiped out? Nice population control, and we'd be smarter for it.

Theres a new one going around too, they reply to a for sale thread saying that they want to buy and pay by Western Union.
From what ive read, they get all your details, then call a few days after theyve said they sent payment asking for $1000 for a sick kid.
When u refuse, they get nasty etc as usual.
A post i read on petlink, a lady accepted payment, but it was cancelled halfway thru, and she copped bank charges.
It wasnt very clear, but it seems theyre changing their tactics!! :lol:

lol I've lost count of how many of these I've had. I also get one's about my Australian bulldogs either from Indonesia of similar places. Unfortuently though far too many people get suckered in, specially people wanting pets they can't afford, or people that have a good nature and think there helping out (not sure why they should all be wiped out but anyways lol). I guess if nothing else at least if people see them here they will avoid them (specially newbies).

has anyone actually replyed and acted stupid just to c how much contact you can get from these people.

yeah I've done it heaps of times, they get excited when you say your interested (very pushy on money for freight as there in a real rush) remember there overworked people that have to give there reps up ASAP. Then after playing with them for a while, you tell them there full of it and stir them up a little and you either get nasty emails back or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back