Yet another substrate question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleazy.P.Martini

Reaction score
Ok, maybe i have missed something, but im told crushed english walnut shell is a no go for beardies, that it is evil, was made by satan himself and will intentionally kill your beardie. What i want to know is why is it so bad, when washed playground sand from bunnings is reccomended? What is it that makes walnut shell so much worse than sand? I dont see a big difference in the two but people are so against shell. Aside from turf/paper what else can be used for adult beardies?

P.S...please dont link the pictures of the autopsy of the beardie impacted by walnut shell, im quite aware of this, and it is but one example. I have heard of beardies becoming impacted by sand also, and dont wish to have this one set of pics used as a reason yet again...

Wallnut shells are jagged little buggers, kinda like eating ground glass for your BD, it can tear up the insides quite nicely. Playgound sand is more rounded. The pics you talk about is only one example as you say but if yours is the only one you care about then........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back