Yet another version of this popular tale!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahhahaha Just like the stray Chihauha story where it slept in their bed for weeks then when they took it to the Vet it turned out to be a Rat

Or the one about the dude who got married then at the Wedding reception he gets up and thanks everyone especially his Best manfor having an affair with his wife for the last 8 Months.

Or the one about the peoples house who got broke into and everything stolen except their good SLR film camera, when 3 months later they finally get the film developed it has pics on it of the thieves with the peoples toothbrushes stuck up their bums.

Again EVERY one of those stories has been told to me in the context of "My Brother knows this Bloke, or A mate of mine worked with this guy who" etc etc

Its funny that this be brought up, i read this thread yesterday afternoon and when i took my dog up to the dog park one of the guys up there told me a slightly differnt version and seemed to belive what he was telling me.And to make it worse it was one of the "my mate knows this woman who....."
Its hilarious what some people will belive lol

The thing that makes me laugh is when you tell them its an urban legend....... the idiots are always so adamant that it has happened to their friends mothers dogs owner blah blah blah !!!!!

I don't know, but every time someone finds out I have snakes they tell me that stupid story! It makes me laugh, and I can't believe they think that really happens. I spose in other countries where larger snakes could eat people, yeah possible, but the sleeping along side people thing 'sizing them up' for months, hehehehe, that cracks me up!

Yeah I get the same thing.. People love telling me this one....

Hahaha my Mum shows off to her friends sometimes by telling them I have pet snakes, and they tell her that story - she almost sold one of my babies because of it.
I agree moose, these friends of friends are very odd people.

Some people just have no idea. I also have had this story told to me several times and I do find it quite ammusing that they tell it with such belief and conviction that it is true. Then when you tell them it's utter nonsense they are shattered and for the most part after I have explained to them why it is so obsurd they are quite embarrased. lol.
I really would love to know where this story orriginated.

My mate Hanibal told me this today only slightly different.
Apparently Hanibal had a mate who had a mate that had a snake and he was sizing it up to eat it.
The owner took it to a witch doctor who said it was delicious.

Make sense? NOPE
Thats what happens when you mix alcohol, APS, stupid urban myths & a crack pipe full of tea bags. :lol:

while talking crap with some mates before work started the other day, one of the guys started telling me the "sizing up" story. i cut him off 2 words into it and finished the story. "oh...you know her to?"....."******...i know that chick also" says another. strangly, nearly everyone in the group "knew" this person...lol

it was then i was told the strangest snake myth to date;.

appreantly, if you look a snake right in the eyes, it will never forget you. the snake will not rest until it has killed you or a family member. your only hope is to kill it....its true!

thats the stupidist thing ive head in a long time! why people come to such conclusions is a mystery to me

Yes this story is unbeleivably annoying, I get told it from what seemed like intelligent people.

You wont believe what story I was told at work today when I was talking about Wild Expo from the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back