Yin-Yang enclosure design

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am thinking wooden water tank/wine barrel style of construction, with the hoops on the inside with a flat spot at the bottom to stop it rolling around, i have a few "out there" enclosure designs in my head that i am slowly getting on to paper, its just a matter of finding the time and $$$ to build them

Am thinking wooden water tank/wine barrel style of construction, with the hoops on the inside with a flat spot at the bottom to stop it rolling around, i have a few "out there" enclosure designs in my head that i am slowly getting on to paper, its just a matter of finding the time and $$$ to build them

:D THAT ONE! Do it do it :D

You could always mount it onto a thick flat piece so its stable, even use a large piece of square as the background for extra stability... if that makes sense... then you can mount the partitions to that.
If it was a small enclosure you could probably make it out of foam and go with the grout+enamel coating then you could make it what ever shape you like... or even just buy a round tub from bunnings... man... OK I'll shut up now lol

:D THAT ONE! Do it do it :D

You could always mount it onto a thick flat piece so its stable, even use a large piece of square as the background for extra stability... if that makes sense... then you can mount the partitions to that.
If it was a small enclosure you could probably make it out of foam and go with the grout+enamel coating then you could make it what ever shape you like... or even just buy a round tub from bunnings... man... OK I'll shut up now lol

Here ya go giggle, this is basically how i am thinking of doing it, it's only a qucik draw up but you get the idea. Basically 17 flat boards 235x600 make the outside. overall dimensions are 1500(w)x 1360(h)x 600(d) and the divider is 16 boards 120x600. the door is positioned so that it opens slightly into the enclosure, but it will stop on the outside of the enclosure before hitting the divider. It would be quite easy to scale this down for a single snake with a divided heated/ambient area

if anyone wants to use the design send me a pm and i'll e-mail you the specs or sketchup file.

Attachments

• yingyang front.jpg
    yingyang front.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 19
  • yingyang side.jpg
    yingyang side.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 26
Have you thought about building a unit around it with shelves or whatever tickles your fancy? Like a circle in a box? That way your side units could support and hold the circle in place. Eliminating the need for a flat bottom.

wow thats awesome :D But the little bit at the bottom... wouldnt that be a problem? I would tip it on its side a bit... so that one enclosure is above the other, even if its only a slight adjustment ... that way the space will be more usuable and the small 'tail' bit of each side can be used like the hide :D

you cant really see it in the design but the bottom of the divider is 100mm up from the floor with a vertical section to form a hide at the bottom. If you turn it on the side it will be hard to attach the door and still have clearance on the divider, Due to the shape the door needs to be hinged internally on pin style hinges, which requires the internal clearance. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back