You know it's not going to end well...but you do it anyway.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am so sorry bel, but i am pmsl over that one! what a mental image...

My girlfriend was on the phone to me last night and all of a sudden I hear "NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", She had her 6 month old in the jolly jumper and the 1+yr old was pushing him. suddenly he gave the baby an almighty shove and he missed the wall, face first, by 1mm....

i am so sorry bel, but i am pmsl over that one! what a mental image...

Its ok, after i 'rescued' her & calmed her & myself down, i 2 was laughing! It was quite funny, but its terrible now if we are anywhere with pelicans, cause even at 9yr old, she wont get out of the car!

We were at a bird sanctuary when I was little, we were sitting in the car and a swan came up to the window. I had some bread in my hand and as I was offering it to the swan I thought maybe it wasn't a good idea, but it was too late. The bloody thing bit my finger and it was very painful.

Walking around in pitch black isn't a good idea either. That's when I found out that shins are good for finding stationary objects when you can't see :?

I've actually heard a story about a pelican....don't know how true it is....that one ate one of those tiny dogs...can't spell the name...chi wow wa !! I was scared of the one that chased me at the time, but now....god help one if one ever tried to chase me again, I'd have it for mince meat...I'd give it as good as it tried to give me.

A few years ago I was at a restaurant near the ocean and I seagul got caught inside and kept trying to get out of the big floor to ceiling windows. It was very distressed and everyone was just looking at it. So I got up and caught it and took outside....the bastard gave me a bloody peck so I just shoved my finger further back in it's throat so it couldn't bite too much. When I'd released it, everyone in the restaurant cheered and clapped me...LOL. So I did a bow, washed my hands and continued with my lunch. LOL

I've actually heard a story about a pelican....don't know how true it is....that one ate one of those tiny dogs...can't spell the name...chi wow wa !! I was scared of the one that chased me at the time, but now....god help one if one ever tried to chase me again, I'd have it for mince meat...I'd give it as good as it tried to give me.

A few years ago I was at a restaurant near the ocean and I seagul got caught inside and kept trying to get out of the big floor to ceiling windows. It was very distressed and everyone was just looking at it. So I got up and caught it and took outside....the bastard gave me a bloody peck so I just shoved my finger further back in it's throat so it couldn't bite too much. When I'd released it, everyone in the restaurant cheered and clapped me...LOL. So I did a bow, washed my hands and continued with my lunch. LOL

Chihuahua for future reference. I only know because my mother tells me my father could never pronounce it and always called them "chahooahooas", so I always think of it phoenetically lol.
LMAO about the gull.

I just remembered another one from when I was eight or nine. I saw a tree that had fallen across a small creek. What a nice bridge, I thought. Knowing it was a bad idea, I ran out onto the trunk before my father could say anything, lost my balance and ended up in the drink. Fortunately the water was still and I managed to dog paddle to shore. Other than a few scratches, the only thing hurt was my pride.

I use to take my Grandson to swimming lessons and the pool was on the beach, always took a packed lunch for afterwards. He was just over one at the time and sharing his sandwich with the seagulls when one latched onto his finger. Seemed like a long time before it finally let go with poor Josh screaming and crying, his little finger bleeding and red. I'm trying to calm him while laughing at the same time, terrible Nan I know, but it did look funny. Didn't let them get too close after that.

All these bird stories remind me of Alfred Hitchcock's famous movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back