You never know

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

Out of this terrible looking clutch of Cooktown Blonde eggs came eight hatchies by this morning,
as l have a good sized incubator l always throw all eggs in there "just to see" well this is one of those cases.
l must admitt l was surprised so many came out but here's the pic.
.......solar 17 (Baden)
6365051369_026a60519c.jpg

Wow - not knowing what I was looking at (newbie) I would have turfed them. Nice surprise.

What type of critter is a Cooktown Blonde or is it one of your own creations??????

Yeah it's surprising the state of some eggs yet they hatch.I wonder if the hatchies will start feeding ok for you.What do you put the awful state of the eggs down to?

Wow 8 out of 13 eggs looking like that, I'm surprised that any hatched let alone 8.

Great job on hatching them, and even better that you took the chance.

Yeah it's surprising the state of some eggs yet they hatch.I wonder if the hatchies will start feeding ok for you.What do you put the awful state of the eggs down to?
they were terrible looking when layed.
......baden

they were terrible looking when layed.
......baden

Yeah I thought so.Sometimes I get clutches like that with Ant sp.Still trying to figure out what he cause is.I think it may have something to do with calcium or lack thereof or diet related somehow.

Yeah I thought so.Sometimes I get clutches like that with Ant sp.Still trying to figure out what he cause is.I think it may have something to do with calcium or lack thereof or diet related somehow.

If I breed my animals annually I normally inject some food item,s once the snakes are feeding after they have finished laying their eggs, with calcium sandoz, seems to 'top up' their calcium levels and as a result very rarely see eggs like that. I assume that is due to the calcium added to their diet.

No big deal....but l cant believe it (9) healthy hatchies came out of this lot.
........solar 17 (baden)

Thats amazing Baden, Good job for perservering with these guys :) How are the little babies doing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back