You think cats are bad for Aussie Wildlife??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha great story
glad it flew off ok :)

Chimera: I agree, 'Crikey, its a big one too' :lol:

We have had birds fly into our windows and knock themselves out. I just pick them up and put them in the shade to recover. Also make sure that they are safe from any predators.

The difference is that a cat would kill the bird and bring it to you... or more likely play with it until it died and the only evidence you would get of the carnage is a mess of feathers in your yard.

Your son will probably make a great aviculturist (sp??) one day!

I hope the bird is ok. Quite often we find kingfishers just sitting on the ground & allow us to pick them up. They can fly but not strong - I let one go in our house. He seemed to be ok so I opened the door and let him out only to watch him fly 3 houses up into a backyard and taken by their dog :cry: I was really upset, should not have let him go, knowing how easy I picked him up to begin with :(

Same, they look like they are strong enough but cant make it over 100 metres. Its common with young birds that get lost during their early flying development. Considering they have to make it all the way to New Guinea its important that they dont get released to early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back