Young Olive Python Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this girl and her b/f have full run of an entire room and have never eaten anything bigger than a ratt,,only rarely escapes into the rest of the house and shes easy to find anyway..

its just the room im standing in and you can see an enclosure behind me,,
well there is a hole where they can come and go and the room just stays shut,,big windows that let heaps of sun in but she has scared the neighbors when they have passed and seen her on the sill
baz

Awseome snakes they are huge....what do you feed them??rats?? or rabbits??

hey huggles where was that nasty one you saw?

danw said:
Awseome snakes they are huge....what do you feed them??rats?? or rabbits??[
Medium rats for my pair and only every 8-10 weeks. Still babies at 14kg each.

Im also a proud owner but am to lazy to own pics. So cuddly lol. What im hanging out for is pics of the albinos grown up. Just out of interest what does everyone keep theirs in. mines currently in a 5 x 3 x 2 but im sure she will outgrow it pretty quick :? p.s beautiful snakes riko and olivehydra!!!

sam said:
Im also a proud owner but am to lazy to own pics. So cuddly lol. What im hanging out for is pics of the albinos grown up. Just out of interest what does everyone keep theirs in. mines currently in a 5 x 3 x 2 but im sure she will outgrow it pretty quick :? p.s beautiful snakes riko and olivehydra!!!

I got custom homes for mine, 2.4m wide, 1m deep, 800mm high. Couldnt make them any bigger without bigger doorways :wink:

I highly reccomend splitmore from this site. He was great to buy from. Elektra is slowly growing out of her grumpy pants... I find they are very inquisitive and active as hatchies, but the adults at work are gentle giants... one of them is 16kg and 3.45m, look awesome.... I highly reccomend them. She always looks hungry tho...

diamond_python said:
Beautiful pics. I love Olives and can't wait to get one of my own. How long (total length) would Charlie be Tourett??

Cheers

Sorry for delay DP they are both a little over 1 metre, and growing fast.
Tourett

I really really really want an olive, but have no room in my house for an enclosure big enough. Next house perhaps!

Anyone know the everage going price for a hatchling?

Menagerie said:
IAnyone know the everage going price for a hatchling?
I got mine for $350, I think thats about standard, give or take $50.
I keep mine in 800 x 800 x 600 seperate enclosures at the mo, but at the rate they are growing. I will need to upgrade to some thing larger by next year. I am already planning thier new home.
Tourett

i have a 7 ft female and handles fine feeds on large rats once a week but hse is pretty skinny having a look at the others but she should putmore weight on as she ets bigger and as i feed her bigger items

Hi folks, I'm new here and this is my first post. I live in Katherine in the NT and I'm also new to snakes. I have a childrens at home and I'm planning a olive in the future. I've been posted to Darwin next year so thats as good a time as any to get one :D My mate down the road got me into snakes, he's a sub-contract snake catcher for my local area. He got a call out to get this big bugger. It was attacking a blokes red cattle dog pup. The pup survived!

The other pic was taken by a mate of a mate :wink: in Pine creek NT.

324930.jpg

322504.jpg

I'm lucky in that I get to see a lot of pythons as part of my job. Childrens, black heads and olives. I have a bit of a soft spot for olives, they are a great snake. The biggest one I've seen was out pig hunting. We estimated it at 4 meters or there abouts. Anyway I hope you enjoy the pics.

Bakes

Gentle giants eh? I know a large pair of olives that I know for a fact want to kill me. The male especially is the most aggressive snake I have ever come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back