Young snakes eating,,,

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaps76

Reaction score
I fed my 7mth old Murray Darling the other night whilst he was sitting in a branch. I have been feeding him normally while he is on the ground of his enclosure.What my question is, is that is he too young (ie. not strong enough)yet to feed whilst hanging by very little of his tail to a branch. He got it down no worries, it just took 3 times as long. He just looked to struggle a bit to hold his and the mouses weight from not much of his tail. Am i stressing about nothing...?????

Yeah, i wouldnt be concerned. If the snake is having too much trouble hanging it will change it's position by either going all the way to the floor or pulling itself upwards. The worst that can happen is that it will drop the food and then go down and get it.

Yeah, i wouldnt be concerned. If the snake is having too much trouble hanging it will change it's position by either going all the way to the floor or pulling itself upwards. The worst that can happen is that it will drop the food and then go down and get it.

Thanks heaps,,,, just wondering where you got Ella as she looks to have been born on the same day as my Merve!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back