young water dragon feeding who is 6cm in length (not incl tail) ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayamaya

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a young (appox 7 month old) eastern water dragon which is around 6cm in length not including his/her tail. in the past month or 2 they've gone from eating 3-4 small crickets (1cm each, & dusted with calc/vite once every 3 days) per day to 8-11 per day. I mainly give him around 8 but I tried 11 a few times incase that wasnt enough and he just sits there waiting for more and catches them until I stop :| He could eat like 5 times his whole size if he really wanted to by the looks of it.
I've heard that they do eat like pigs, but that just makes it harder to tell what the right amount to give him is.. If anyone knows that would be great. & is s/he still a hatchling or a juvenille now? It shedded for the first time the other day which was interesting. Really intense new colours. And also, still isnt really interested in eating any greens and will have like a spec of the grated apple or celery if I put some in.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back