Your Experiences with Uveitis/Iritis?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vampstorso

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any other uses have ever had the displeasure of encountering either of these issues?

For those wondering, it's when as a result of an immune response your body attacks your eye causing it too swell up.
and my Gosh, is it a total painful nightmare!

Apparently girls get it more often, and you can get it once for absolutely no reason what so ever, or you may not get it again for 10 years.
It's completely non contagious since it's not a disease in itself; it's a body response.

I was unlucky enough to first experience it on my Birthday in January, and was stuck with it for a month before doctors finally decided OH! it's not conjunctivitis or an allergy! just like she'd been telling us all along!
I was extremely bitter, since five seconds on google had told me what it was, but due to the doctors not listening; by the end of it I couldn't open my eyes even in darkness from severe photophobia (pain from the light), and my face was all bruised, and once finally diagnosed by my new doctor (who is God in my eyes!) it was fixed SO quickly.
My pupil had also begun to stick, meaning if left too much longer it would've ended up collapsing. Something that makes you rather angry since you'd sought help from the start!

I had panadine forte and local anesthetic in my eye; neither of which dulled any of the pain at all.

it seems I've been unlucky enough to get it again this week. So now I'm awaiting to find the cause.

Have any of you ever had to deal with this?
I know there are a multitude of causes; from the coldsore virus to genetic disorders.
but I was wondering what peoples outcomes were?

I ask because I'd never heard of it before having gone through it, made me wonder how common it is.

if I'm not the only poor soul to experience it I may even post a horrid photo of my near end result!

Last edited:
If you have had it before it may pay to get your gp to test for HLAB27. Soon as you feel it coming on you need to have it checked and commence drops, don't leave it be.

don't worry, I've already spent 2 days at the hospital getting tests by/for the opthamologist (xrays/blood tests), sadly they say Im not too use the drops yet because they say it hasn't "presented itself" yet...in other words I don't TECHNICALLY have it again yet, but I can see it's coming. So I get to wait a week then go back. oh yayyy :p

but it's okay at the moment since it just looks as though I'm rather tired.

Well if it flares up go back, don't wait a week.

I certainly will haha...will be smashing down the eye clinic door!

My missus has/has iritis. It appears to be very irrataing and something you really need to consult a doctor with for some relief. She hasn't had much complaint with it lately. Either that or she's just putting up with it :lol:

Youch!!! panadine forte and no relief crikey that's some pain there. I have Crohns which is the immune system attacking itself so im on immune suppressants not sure if that could be an action for your ailment but something worth asking maybe. I know what photophobia is also suffering migraines so you sound like your in a bad way with this problem. Lets hope they get it sortted quickly for you Vamp.

Hey Moosenoose, your girlfriends a poor girl! it's awful! it's a pain unlike any other...I cracked some teeth when I was a kid, and I'd say it's the only pain that's come close. it's a unique feeling just like tooth aches.
also a pain since you use steroid drops to relieve it in your eye, and they monitor that so close -___- I had to use them 6 times a day -____-

Thanks Smithers :) ahhh gosh, sounds like that would've been pretty awful before they knew what was going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back