your love for reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep

Reaction score
what is it that makes us so into reptiles. why do we have that constant feeling of wanting more and more herps. why do we want to breed them take care of them study them and love them what do u think drives us to these particular animals

I love the fact that they're not so common... I was never educated about snakes when i was a kid and it just made me more curious! I think the whole 'taboo' thing my family (except my dad) put on them just made them seem more attractive to me.

Until i made the decision to get some i didn't know anything. It was fun learning about a whole new category of something, trying to make sure i would get it right before i purchased them. Then when i got my babies, it was even more exciting!

the unsual nature and splender of something that most of society doesn't understand or fears.
They are the most awesome creatures out there :)
re-educating the ignorant is what it is all about. I know many peoples idea's about snakes have changed once they have experienced my collection and enthuasium about these animals and that's the message you need to get across, don't kill them get one as a pet and you'll never look back.

I have always been interested in reptiles always catching Bluetongues and other Skinks.About 5 months ago I wanted to get a snake so I had to alot of research into before they would let me get one.When I finally got my first python I was very happy since then my has collection has grown alot more.

i like them because, theyre different from a cat or dog, they take up little room, theyve got lots of character, look good and theyre awesome creatures.

I'm just in it for the money :p

I'm just in it for the money :p

lol (shhhh, arn't u meant to say there's no money in breeding herps lol that u just do it for the love of it). I've always had a attraction to reptiles ever since I was young (well any animal really). I must admit though that I"ve only really fallen in love with snakes in the last couple of months. I grew up in the envioroment (like I'm sure we most of us did) of don't touch it n get the shovel. Well thankfully none of us ever did. What I love is that there a different pet, they keep you on your toes and that there's so much even the best of us still don't know and need to learn. And what better collecting habbit could you have lol (COINS, STAMPS?). There worth money too but you soon get bored of that *been there done that*. All in all I just think there great, and I love nothing more than to have someone come to my house that is petrofied of them, and walk out a couple of hours later saying wow I'm so gunna get one.:lol:

I have always had a HUGE love of animals....I can't honestly say why I love pythons soo much!

I also have a great love for my two pekin batams....I suppose it is my love for things that I feel have to deal with a lot of persecution..........snakes......and chickens around the world.
I alway have felt that chickens get treated as if they have no feelings!!

I've wanted snake since i was 13 (now 23) just a facination i guess.

I love anything dangerous......maybe has something to do with it.... not to sure, just love 'em. Steve Irwin has a fair bit to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back