your opinion on lizard pellets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Staple of my Bluetongues diet which I supplement with fresh veges

I also tried my dragons on pellets (different brand to the one in pic) waste of money, neither of them really ate them. Only thing they were good for was making a paste to syringe into a non feeder but I found baby food in a jar to be easier and with more concentrated protein.

My Cunninghams love them, easy feed if you're feeling lazy and they're good to leave in the enclosure if you're goin away for a couple of days as they don't go off quickly

None of my bluetongues liked them. But the pellets formulated for beardies, my dragons love.

The beardies I used to own would not touch them. The beardies I have now, I have not fed to them as I don't want to waste $20 when it could be going to more variety in veggies or insects.

My mates Bluey and Shingle both love them, their central bluey doesnt though, but he is picky with his food ;)

Last edited:
mine never used to eat them, until i mixed them with a lil water and made them into little ball shapes, then they eat them first try, and now one will even eat that over insects.

I just bought that exact brand today!! ahahaha
let me know how it goes TIP: get its favorite thing and tease it and make it follow you to the feeding bowl full of the lizard food then drop a few of what you are teasing it with into the bowl it should just keep blindly eatting it and realize that it likes it

let me know how it goes TIP: get its favorite thing and tease it and make it follow you to the feeding bowl full of the lizard food then drop a few of what you are teasing it with into the bowl it should just keep blindly eatting it and realize that it likes it
ahahaha great idea! i gave them some of it today however i did not apply ur method and they actually seemed to love it!

Bought them for my beardies, wouldn't touch them. When my girl got sick I had to make a 'baby food mash' with them and vitamin powder because she couldn't chew. Good for blueys but not for beardies ;)

I tried them with my beardie he would not touch them, checked a few hours later and he had pooped in the bowl, guess that answers that for him lol

none of my beardies or bluy's eat them and i have tried it once. i prefer fresh veg, insects, fruit and mice and so do they.

none of my beardies or bluy's eat them and i have tried it once. i prefer fresh veg, insects, fruit and mice and so do they.

Trying it once is hardly the way to go about converting to a new food source, lol. Results will vary depending on how hungry the lizard is being introduced to the new food and how the owner goes about doing the food introduction (mixing with other foods, withholding food prior to introducing the crumbles, etc).

My beardie lovessss the rep-cal ones. He gets them as part of a balanced diet of pellets, greens, veg, woodies and crickets :)

he loves the pellets so much he will come running to the front when he see's them, and will chase them around the enclosure.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of any of the pellets with the exception of Jurassidiet. They are just like cheap dry dog food, all cereal fillers and not much else. Even the Jurassidiet pellets are used sparingly. We use the ones the OP posted in the shop and the lizards poo stinks to high heaven. None of my lizards at home stink that bad even when they eat the Jurassidiet ones.

Trying it once is hardly the way to go about converting to a new food source, lol. Results will vary depending on how hungry the lizard is being introduced to the new food and how the owner goes about doing the food introduction (mixing with other foods, withholding food prior to introducing the crumbles, etc).

i left the pellets in for a few days, i also tried sprinkling them on her food and tried wetting them and they did not take it. thats enough for me to know they don't like it. also i am not the only one who said they tried it once but i am the only one you quoted?

i left the pellets in for a few days, i also tried sprinkling them on her food and tried wetting them and they did not take it. thats enough for me to know they don't like it. also i am not the only one who said they tried it once but i am the only one you quoted?

It can take weeks, not just days, but even so that is not what you said (or others, lol) - you stated "once". Converting a lizard to the crumbles is much like converting a seed eating parrot to pellets - it's not always easy and can take various approaches and patience.

You're the only one I quoted because your post was at the end and convenient; it's an informative post for others, not an 'attack' on you or your practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back