Your Opinions Please - Diamond Hatchling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClareB

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wanted some opinions on the diamond hatchling my hubby and I have just bought (we pick it up next weekend). We previously had a 5ft diamond female with the classic roset and dark green markings. The hatchling we are picking up has rosets and stripes and should have quite high yellow makings. I prefer the classic look but my hubby really likes the parents of this hatchling. Just wanted to know what other people thought. Have attached pics of Mum, Dad and hatchling.
Cheers
Mum.jpg

Dad.jpg

Hatchling.jpg

I would love to all of them.

Some of my Port Mac hatchies look like that little guy.

Attachments

• SFPMNIH1.jpg
    SFPMNIH1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Hatchie 4mths.jpg
    Hatchie 4mths.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 52
The top one is really super ugly 8) ...and...I think in its best interest you need to sell it to me very cheaply ;) :D

That female is one beautiful animal!! I just love the classic black and white diamonds!

They're all beautifull!
They look almost like Diamond Pythons!

Dragon1

love the top one!!!
The second one has really strong markings............
From the looks if it follows its parents colours thats gonna be on nice diamond!

The top one is really super ugly 8) ...and...I think in its best interest you need to sell it to me very cheaply ;) :D

I agree Moose, but you dont need to be a martyr. I'll take it. You can take dad.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the hatchling you're picking up the one in the last photo as the 2 above look different again and I hate to say it but the only one that looks like a TRUE diamond to me is the first one,the other 2 look like different animals again and both look more like intergrades than TRUE diamonds,am I the only one thinking the same thing?Just my thoughts that's all as that's what you asked for.

Don't get me wrong they're all top looking animals but as others have said their Port Macs look like that,do you have a pic of the parents at all?I hate intergrade threads but when someone new to the hobby is sold what looks like an intergrade rather than a pure diamond it gives me the shirts,not that either variety aren't nice animals.

Oh yeah mcnell that is not a mammal it's a reptile,big difference between the 2!

my post says HOT MAMMA !! as in the mum in the first pic...pfft Mammal? do you really think im that stupid?

Sorry mate I thought the exclamation mark was an l,my bad!!!!!

haha your right! would have been a cracker if someone really did right that lol

Is the hatchling you're picking up the one in the last photo as the 2 above look different again and I hate to say it but the only one that looks like a TRUE diamond to me is the first one,the other 2 look like different animals again and both look more like intergrades than TRUE diamonds,am I the only one thinking the same thing?Just my thoughts that's all as that's what you asked for.

Don't get me wrong they're all top looking animals but as others have said their Port Macs look like that,do you have a pic of the parents at all?I hate intergrade threads but when someone new to the hobby is sold what looks like an intergrade rather than a pure diamond it gives me the shirts,not that either variety aren't nice animals.

Had the same thoughts,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Browns thanks for your thoughts, Our hatchling is the bottom photo and the top two are the parents 1st being the mother

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing,the mother's an absolute stunner and the dad looks like an intergrade so I guess that's where the intergradish looks of the hatchling.

As I said either way you should have an awesome looking python in another year or so once the colour has developed more...hope you didn't take offence to the intergrade comment as no offence was meant,it was as mentioned just my thoughts,cheers!

No offence taken at all. Just wanted to see what people thought of this style of snake as we are thinking of breeding later on. Basically we just wanted to know if that style of snake is popular or not.
Thanks

wow amazing snakes:)
that black and white diamond is a stunner. and that pattern is very interesting, i like it.

Cant wait to see what the baby looks like when it gets older:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back