Your thoughts on exotics not being allowed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shabbyy

Reaction score
Post your opinion on the laws in Australia not allowing you to not own exotics!
I'll go first...I think it should be allowed but you have to have special licenses, love the blue-eyed leucistic ball python, it's beautiful! Would love to on a chameleon too :lol: I'm just dreaming...

I think most people have already posted their opinions in all the other exotic threads. There's been plenty. I love exotics, I wish I could keep them, but for the greater good and because not all keepers can be trusted I can understand why we can't have them.

Be glad they're not legal here. Far too much damage to the environment and the hobby in general. Look what jags have done already (sorry, sorry "RPMs" :rolleyes:). Exotics ARE here... but I'd wager far far more would find their way here if it was legal to keep them.

I love that exotics are not legal. Look what the Burmese python and the northern snakehead are doing to America right now.

I love that exotics are not legal. Look what the Burmese python and the northern snakehead are doing to America right now.

Or in Florida, Reticulated Pythons that were let loose and have bred everywhere, eating family pets in backyards and such...

I see where you guys are coming from, never looked at the aspect.

Post your opinions on the next person starting a thread on this subject being banned immediately.

Or shot out of a cannon.

Towards Launceston.

Post your opinions on the next person starting a thread on this subject being banned immediately.

Or shot out of a cannon.

Towards Launceston.

You're quick and witty today Mr Legs.
Well played.

Post your opinion on the laws in Australia not allowing you to not own exotics!
I'll go first...I think it should be allowed but you have to have special licenses, love the blue-eyed leucistic ball python, it's beautiful! Would love to on a chameleon too :lol: I'm just dreaming...

Special licences doesn't make it F tard proof.... the reptile and drivers license is proof of that.

all you have to do is read all the posts and treads on this forum along, on snakes that have escaped from inexperienced keepers to understand why this law exists

Special licences doesn't make it F tard proof.... the reptile and drivers license is proof of that.
I still think the regular reptile lisence needs to be harder to get to stop these "F tards" as you would put it, from getting reptiles and not be able to meet there basic requirements. It is to common for me to go on YouTube and find these people keeping beardies in 2 foot long "tubs" and thinking its fine and being to ignorant to listen to advise. Rant over!

Would love to be able to persue ball python morphs and differenty locality corn snakes but can understand why its illegal

When I was in California. I found the snakes boring. The popular reptiles there are all from here.

Would love to be able to persue ball python morphs and differenty locality corn snakes but can understand why its illegal
You just never know what they could do to the Australian environment. They may not seem like they could do much but you never know, maybe if they got out into the environment they could become some animals new food source and that animals would stop eating it's regular food and that regular food would plague the environment. Just a thought

thats because its exotic to them, just like if they allowed exotics here alot of people would have them.
i am all for protecting australian wildlife and understand why its illegal. and we have way to many introduced species here already. but would be good if were allowed to have some exotic reptiles, e.g only people who have held a australian reptile licence for over 10 years, all animals must be quarantined and vet checked at buys expense. all reptiles to be micro chipped and council rego. and if found off premises a minemum of $2,000 fine which would go towards saving and conserving australian native fauna and flora. and if a reptile escaped from same owner after 3rd time loss of licence for life. but i guess the risk of them getting out and breeding and causing damage is to much. if only we could insert GPS trackers with their micro chip would make it easier.

Or shot out of a cannon.

Towards Launceston.

Mods please make either of these options a site rule.
edit:
I should add some subjective content also I guess.
European carp
Rabbit
Foxes
Cats

Enough said?

Mods please make either of these options a site rule.
edit:
I should add some subjective content also I guess.
European carp
Rabbit
Foxes
Cats

Enough said?

Horses
Pigs
cane toads
donkeys
camels

Status
Not open for further replies.