Youtube...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKeeper

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
One person on Youtube put up three videos,

One of his Ackie eating a Green Anole, one eating a Leopard Gecko and one eating a Corn Snake.

I defended him in one (before I realized he was just doing it for fun)

Isn't there laws against this in America? besides the cruelty of it he just lost like $300 worth of reptiles....

Opinions?

i hate people like this. agh they make me angry. Poor geko.

Yeah, because they are so ferocious eaters everything just gets brutalized, I understand about the corn snake though, but he should have humanely killed it first.

Corn snake is.. semi understandable. I suppose, But just because he couldn't eat and would have died doesn't mean he didnt feel the pain. All things should be humanely killed nice and fast before hand.

i guess all i have to say is you jsut increased his video hits by a lot therefore giving him incentive to make another video and therefore becoming part of the problem. if people stopped watching these videos then he wouldn't make them.

Isn't there laws against this in America? besides the cruelty of it he just lost like $300 worth of reptiles....

Opinions?

I didn't and won't watch the videos...but by your discription I can imagine what they are like...

About Laws....Honestly not really, When it comes to Reptiles here in the States, the onlly laws are about Not being able to keep them. In a hobby where laws are passed all the time state to state...banning Reptiles as pets, you would think things like this would not help the cuase...you know.

I 100% agree with the feeding of other reptiles when that species needs too, for example some snakes sometimes need Skinks or Gecko scents to entice feeding...I had a friend show a picture of one of his stubborn Antaresia hatchlings feeding on a hatchling bearded dragon....(that was born with defects...)....that is acceptable to me.....but to fed just because...just for fun....just to show off....thats not good in my opinion....pretty lame actually...

And on a side note....the total cost for those animals that are in those videos are around....Anole...$5.00, Leopard Gecko....$19.99......Cornsnake....$29.00....For a total loss of $53.00......Those three are very common here, what kinda sad is they are so common and so cheap now, that people feel its ok to use them in this manner....thats a sad statement for Herpetoculture....

Whats even worse is the large snake owners...the videos of a group of complete morons gathered around in a basement somewhere feeding a large burm a live goat, or large mammal, just to watch it be constricted and eaten.....while all the meanwhile you hear cheers and betting going on in the background...Same type of people who fight dogs.....sickos...:?

And on a side note....the total cost for those animals that are in those videos are around....Anole...$5.00, Leopard Gecko....$19.99......Cornsnake....$29.00....For a total loss of $53.00......Those three are very common here, what kinda sad is they are so common and so cheap now, that people feel its ok to use them in this manner....thats a sad statement for Herpetoculture....

Holy crap, really that cheap?

Thats insane....

I suppose higher prices would be better too, if they cost less people wouldn't buy them without knowing what they are getting themselves into...

Laws don't stop morons like that, the same way that our reptiles are supposedly protected but you are free to kill them if you feel the slightest bit threatened by one. Besides who is going to see you put a shovel through a snake anyway ?

ahh i wish that these people would have the same thing done to themselves.. cant they understand.. stupid idiots!!

He's loss of money the fool anyways karma comes back maybe he will travel to lets say......Komodo island and he can wander of into a den of large komodos.

Probly wont happen if it does i aint sharing my thought of mind again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back