Zebra Carpet Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herpo

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was reading a book on snake genetics, and I was captivated by the beauty of zebra carpet pythons. My questions are:
1. What exactly are they?
2. Are they legal in Australia?
3. Does the zebra gene carry a neuro defect or other defect like with jaguars?
4. Are they frowned upon by the keeping community?
Thanks in advance. Just curious...

Hi all,
I was reading a book on snake genetics, and I was captivated by the beauty of zebra carpet pythons. My questions are:
Thanks in advance. Just curious...

Not sure how legal the process getting them here was but they should be legal to buy most places just like jags are sold without any real problem and they dont carry any neuro defect. not sure how frowned upon they are either again probably the only reason people would frown upon them is how they arrived. i would like a nice high yellow one though.

Thanks for the help everyone. Sounds promising. I don't let where they came from stop me getting them. After all, they're here now, and we can't really do much about it. Might as well give the snake a good life. They look very pricey though...

It's just a pattern morph like RP's Striped ect. Nothing at all like Jags.
How they got here is irelevent, ANY carpet morph overseas will eventually find its way here.
The price tag and demand for them says alot about how they are viewed right now.
Personally, not too interested in them, not the kind of patterning I tend to go for, much more into clean line animals myself...

Zebra is a co-dom mutation much like jags although the super form isn't lethal its a pattern-less snake.
Yep
No neuro or defect in this gene
No you can get pure jungle zebs, people mix other carpets into them so they can get jag zebs, albino zebs etc. some people get upset about this but the rest of the community really doesn't give two hoots.

That's cool then, thanks. Not getting one any time soon though. $2,500 each.

Of course, with my luck, I'll manage to miss them and find some more expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back