ZOE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! is that number 4??? whats number 1?!?!?!

fanx phil! fanx ncherps!

awwww poo :( u could keep them and get some more known females!

ok now im torn between #1 and #4!!! could u keep 2 females and 1 male in the same enclosure for life and separate for feeding? or would there be bitchiness? whaddaya think about the size of that cupboard that was in our shed for 3 of em? :oops: im attached now :oops:

I only have two unsold at the moment Stocky and neither of them has fed yet :(

Zoe, that would prob be too big for a trio, I'd say you'd be fine with something like a 4x2x2 enclosure. OR, is that what it was, can rem,ember the style but not the size :)

150 stocky :)

Not maccies, Childreni Fuscy :)

The maccies are mine that I have been bringing on unsexed. I had them sexed today, (and finally bought myself a set of probes), and I have 3 males to one female :(

childreni's fuscy :D

oh nah nah not the wardrobe, the other little thingy the last owners left behind...just measured it again - its 54cm wide x 57cm deep x 96cm high. dunno if the ground dimensions are too small but it has decent height! i remember u saying it would be fine for a pair of childreni's but not sure about a trio!
so there wouldnt be any bitchines?

To be quite honest I am not sure if you'd have problems with a trio kept together or not. the floor dimensions of the cupboard would in my opinion be a bit small for a trio but should be OK for a pair if set up well. I would probably turn it on it's side though and change the door configuration, then it would be ideal for a pair but still doubtful on the trio. You will, I imagine get plenty more opinions soon enough :)

hmmmm well it does have a mini cupboard bit up the top and bottom so we could maybe knock out the bit of wood separating them and make it one big enclosure - should be about 6 foot then. would like to keep them as storage tho if possible! we'll see what anyone else has to say and i'll do some reading up. :D
thanx phil :D

oohhh and u bought urself some probes! so ur feeling confident enuf to give it a go? yyyaaayyyy good on ya!

Housing:
For maintenance, it is best to house these snakes separately although a trio of adult childreni can be efficiently housed together with the floor area measuring 50x50cm and a height of 50cm. Juveniles and smaller specimens can be housed in appropriately sized, secure, ventilated containers.

Childrens pythons, as with most pythons spend the majority of their time curled up in a warm, dark spot, moving little unless hungry and therefore enclosure size does not need to be huge.

Adult childreni enjoy climbing therefore it is recommended to provide a branch and a hide box screwed to the wall or roof. Although substrate is a personal choice, we use Breeder's Choice? paper pellets, a product made entirely with recycled paper, which we recommend due to its absorbent nature. Night period is kept in relative darkness. Two blue globes used for lighting and heat.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/bajoubi/childreni.html

wow it does sound pretty small for three tho doesnt it! i was thinking the height made up for it but im not sure how arboreal childreni are...if they are then i guess our cupboard would be ok but if they arent then i will definitely turn it on its side. thanx again phil lol

oh and btw ncherps, it just occured to me that u might have thought phil was talking about me having a baby! as in a human one :wink: lol not yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back