Yoda!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Yoda fairly active in his enclosure? Nims just kinda chills in his enclosure, and occasionally scratches at the glass if he wants to come out and play. When I get him out he's pretty active but still quite still in his enclosure though..

Yoda, loves to chill out at the front of the enclosure, kinda like he's watching us and the TV, but he does have "frantic" moments when he runs,jumps and totally goes nuts for no apparent reason.
When out of the enclosure, l don't put him down cause our Jack Russell puppy "Max" thinks he's food and my 4 year old daughter just wants to cuddle (squash) him.

Hey another question today.. :) Nims has been really wierd for the past few days. He hasn't eaten since yesterday morning and just watches his crickets walk past his face.. He's on the tail end of his shedding cycle so I thought maybe that was it.. but it's real wierd.. Furthermore he does his glass dance to get out like 3 times a day then when I get him out sometimes he tries to run for it.. ALSO he's put his beard up (and blackened it) 2 times in 2 days! Before that he'd only done it once in 4 weeks! He does the beard to the cat which is understandable.. but I'm lost about the rest..

Should I just give it another day or two before I start to panic?

Oh and also I did an enclosure re-arrange a few days ago (but he DID eat after I did the change).. could that contribute to his weirdness? :S

Sorry for all the questions I'm just a little worried..

Sorry l missed your post. How is Nimrod doing? Is he back to eating? I know Yoda doesn't like change. When l clean out his enclosure, l try to make sure everything is back in its place and he goes a little strange otherwise. No sure about the beard thing. I know yoda does it to Max(jack russell puppy) and he's normally pretty good.. Hmmm mayby it's just that time of the month :D

Yeah he does seem to randomly get strange sometimes.. I saw him eat 2 crickets this morning so thats a start. He hasn't touched salad in a few days, but its in there just in case. I mostly returned the enclosure to how it was, obviously he didn't like it.

I've left some crickets in his enclosure anyway if he gets hungry.. I think he's slowly getting back to normal.

Yoda is 23.5 cm (snout to tail tip) and weight........ DRUM ROLL........ 33 grams!!!!

i tried to measure snout to vent but he's being very naughty and just willnot stay still. I changed his enclosure, added some fake greenery and he's pissed will me.. hmmmm, he'll get over it :)

Here is a photo my daughter took of Yoda. Not bad considering she jusy clicks.

He is doing really well now. He's slowed right down on crickets but hooks into greens as soon as l bring them. He is such a piggy. He actually throws his greens out of the dish until he finds what he is looking for and chows down. He is now 25cms and weighs a massive 41 grams.. piggy put on 8 grams in about 5 days :)
Im so happy he's healthy. Can anyone tell me how big he should be at 6 months? weight and length?

Attachments

• DSC05324.JPG
    DSC05324.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 58
As far as I'm aware, there's no exactly correct size and weight of a 6 month old. I mean, I've seen 7 month olds that are HUGE! As big as a full grown adult! At the same time my 7 month dragon is the same size as yours.. If your dragon has spent any time in a pet store it will be a LOT smaller than others of its age. My dragon Nimrod is now 4 times the size of his SIBLINGS in the pet store, because pet stores only feed their animals the amount they need to survive, NOT to thrive. It puts their growth on hold.

Oh and Nims is now almost 11cm snout to vent, and 20.8cm nose to tail. :)

Hope that helps!

hmm Nimrod is a little longer in the body than Yoda. 10.5 cm. How much does Nimrod weigh?

I don't have any scales sorry.. I'll see if can borrow mums next time im over there. :)

Nims is about 52 grams according to mums very very old kitchen scales. :)

He is 11cm snout to vent, 21cm overall. :)

Last edited:
I have just decided that I am going to get one of these little fellas. I just need to know EXACTLY what i need?

I have just decided that I am going to get one of these little fellas. I just need to know EXACTLY what i need?
do you mean a central?

Yoda is really great.. i've had it almost 3 months now and he's still growing like a worm. I weighe him last night and he is a massive 104grams.. wooohoooo, he pipped the 100. Umm, he is 14 cm from snout to vent and a total of 35cm long. I think he's about to have a growth spur cause he hasn't grown in length for nearly 2 weeks. i didn't get a chance to take him outside today but hopefully tomorrow, and hopefully l've have some better pics. The last photo is of yoda and a picture my 4 year old did. Sara thought yoda was lonely so she drew him a friend!!

Attachments

• DSC05167.JPG
    DSC05167.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC05599.JPG
    DSC05599.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC05747.jpg
    DSC05747.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC05643.JPG
    DSC05643.JPG
    435.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
should see my new amazing beardy. he is 2 years old and i got him yesterday, His name is leroy jenkins

Sorry, A pygmy Bearded Dragon

Yoda is a central although l thought he could have been a pygmy because he was tiny.. he was just way way under feed by the petshop - and no l wouldn't buy from a petshop again and no l wouldn't recommend it.
Umm, l know there has been talk on the forum about pygmy BD but not sure who has them. I believe the setup should be the same as a normal beardie. Mayby start a thread and see if someone who has one can give better info than me

do you mean a central?

Yoda is really great.. i've had it almost 3 months now and he's still growing like a worm. I weighe him last night and he is a massive 104grams.. wooohoooo, he pipped the 100. Umm, he is 14 cm from snout to vent and a total of 35cm long. I think he's about to have a growth spur cause he hasn't grown in length for nearly 2 weeks. i didn't get a chance to take him outside today but hopefully tomorrow, and hopefully l've have some better pics. The last photo is of yoda and a picture my 4 year old did. Sara thought yoda was lonely so she drew him a friend!!

He's coming on very nicely.... he's very handsome.

What does he like doing when he's having an outside adventure ?

should see my new amazing beardy. he is 2 years old and i got him yesterday, His name is leroy jenkins

i'd love to see a pic

ianinoz - likes running in the grass and eating the nusturtiums and basil l have planted. I've also pit a few rocks in the middle of the garden where the sun beams down and he loves to just hang. It's about 24 degrees at the moment so gonna give kids lunch (school holidays) then go out and do some gardening so yoda can go have a feast

i'd love to see a pic

ianinoz - likes running in the grass and eating the nusturtiums and basil l have planted. I've also pit a few rocks in the middle of the garden where the sun beams down and he loves to just hang. It's about 24 degrees at the moment so gonna give kids lunch (school holidays) then go out and do some gardening so yoda can go have a feast

Sounds like he gets very excited and loves it.
Does he love grabbing the earthworms that you unearth when digging about ?

Maybe he needs a big (birdwire) moveable Yoda pen that you leave him in for a few hours every so often so he can do lizardy things and not need you around to keep an eye on him or protect him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back