Bredli Sudden Death =(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given you have just had a snake die all of the sudden do you think it wise to be trying to sell off a lot of your other snakes!

You need to keep the snake in the fridge and get it to a herp vet for a necropsy and find out what caused its demise and in the mean time go into a self imposed lock down untill the results of the necropsy are known!

she was 4 1/2 .. she wasnt even kept with them. she died today i posted those snakes forsale 2 weeks ago and updated today before i even found her. Those snakes have no issues at all and where getting a (routine) check up meaning they always get checks ... and my female woma is gavid so thanks for your heart felt reply aye mate.

You never get over your first snake... I haven't had one die on me yet but I can feel your grief bud... All the best

sorry for your loss, i know the feeling. i have notced quiet a few people on here writing they have lost a python in the last month. i have lost my BHP about a month ago and my diamond was discharged from a vetinary hospital a few days ago and the vet said she will recover gave me meds to give her and she died 2 hours after i picked her up from the vet. she had R.I and a parasite infection which vet said she had before i bought her but parasite infection was not noticable. i had her less than 2 months

worst year ever.

Hmmm..... you occasionally feed live rats you have an enclosure but keep your snake in a drawer next to your bed, sorry
for your loss but your husbandry sounds a bit strange.

Mate if this is genuine I apologise for this but it really sounds like a wind up. Or am i being too sensitive?
I dont know of too many snakes that sleep at night and even if they did, an open drawer? Openly advertising live feeding?
If everything was as perfect as you say I would be following the advice of stimigex and getting a necropsy done before you find out too late that one of your animals has some virus or other. I would suggest however that there is probably something else not quite right.

No one on here is going to be able to give you any useful info on the cause of death. But looking at what you have written I would suggest your husbandry and knowledge of snakes is far from perfect. At least you are doing the right thing and getting a Vet to have a look.

People have made reasonable suggestions as to the cause from the information provided.
(Poor husbandry and lack of knowledge)

May be not what you want to hear but that is never assured when you ask a question

how do you put a peg on a rats mouth? how does snake digest a peg?

I would say it does not digest pegs hence one dead snake.
Some days u feel a bit dumb but then aps offers up this and the ' do u have a soul' threads and suddenly I feel a lot better about myself

I can't believe anyone is this dumb even if they don't have basic language skills.
Either a troll or just a wind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back