A different sorta snake bite!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats awsome, thank god when i coped a bite from my olive it was on the arm

Did he jump around screaming "I've got a bite - a really bad bite!"?:lol: I think I would have said something very choice...

I won't be getting an olive any time soon - our dogs and children would be potential prey!

Gives good head jobs...

Here's a pic of the naughty Mr. Oliver....escaped twice now by pushing out the glass
and track from his enclosure...the first time my daughter found him one morning
perusing the rats in there breeding tubs...hanging from the rafters....had to call a friend to come and help put him back....second time..yep hanging from the rafters waiting for a passing rabbit or "Hair" :):) good one!!
He's a big boy around the 12 foot mark... his girlfriend Mrs. Olive is a little larger with a girth you would'nt believe!!
Anyway he now lives in a different enclosure...has'nt escaped again as yet!!
Anyway enjoyed your comments...glad you like the pic....l do;)

Attachments

• Picture 109.jpg
    Picture 109.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 143
nice bite and even nicer olive.. what size enclosure have is an olive that big in??

Its a 7 foot enclosure...seem quite happy....we also have fully enclosed sun tents which are 3x3 metres..they have their weekly exercise and sun baking sessions weather permitting...we put logs and a nice big water bowl in there for them!!

Pics...

These are the tents we use for a good stretch!!

Attachments

• Picture 340.jpg
    Picture 340.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 342.jpg
    Picture 342.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 251.jpg
    Picture 251.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 161
Those tents are an awesome idea. It's great to see keepers going above and beyond the norm for the happiness and healthiness of their reptiles.
Hope your partner is ok. I must admit it is pretty funny when it happens to someone else.:D

Yes my partner is fine...didnt take him to long to get over it!!
The tents are a great idea most of our critters get time out in the tents...bit of
fresh air does'nt hurt anyone:)

That is a top idea, think i might buy a tent, thanks jan.

Beautiful looking olive, is he normally a little fiesty or was your husband just lucky.

I have to say, your olive looks like a sweetie. The look on his face, says "it wasnt me". Where did you buy the tents? Are they expensive. They are a fantastic idea.

great idea with the tents.
would love to get an olive, but with the amount of room they need and their sheer size i dont think i will. im sure moving a hungry 12ft olive is at least a 2man job. it sucks being the only herp in the house.

the tents are a great idea. how much were they and what brand etc.. I no nothing about tents :D

OMG Im so getting me some tents, What an awsome idea and beautiful Olive by the way. Got any pics of his missus

We purchased the tents from Ray's Outdoors...thats in Victoria. l'm sure any large Camping store
would have something the same or similiar. They cost around the $70 mark..not a bad price really..a good investment for your critters:) Can't remember the brand offhand but l will let you know:)
And yes the olive's definately need 2 people to handle them...they weigh a fair bit!!
l try and post more pic's of Mr Oliver and Mrs Olive soon:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back