A different sorta snake bite!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Her's a pic of my partners head...our Olive python escaped from his enclosure a few weeks
back....he was hanging from the rafters as you walk into the reptile room.
My partner bent down to pick something up (unaware of the snake) as he got up
"Big Olive" as we call him struck the top of his head....ouch.
As you might tell from the width of the "nip" Olive is around the 12 foot mark!!

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 477
That is one bad bite to the head!! Be a bit sore for a while!!

God that's got to hurt, I would be freaked out every time I walked into my herp room after that :). If a bite from a 12ft olive wasn't enough let alone a bad spot like your head :/

Ouch & people wonder why Im scared of snakes.......

That would have scared the @#*# out of him when it struck not knowing it was there.Did he think he was being robbed at first?Nice one for the album Jan!

That is gold!!!!!

I reckon there is only one bite shown on this site that can match that and that was one posted by olivehydra. Fantastic shots, very impressive wound.

Simone.

Yep he said it sorta "tanged" a little...god l'm glad it was'nt me or one of the kids!!
He thought we were a little sick though...could'nt sorta help but laugh...friends we told
had the same reaction for some reason..hehe.
Definately an unusual snake bite!!

its not the kind of thing you expect,a 12 foot olive wacking you on the scone in your home LOL

its not the kind of thing you expect,a 12 foot olive wacking you on the scone in your home LOL
hahaha, that comment made me burst out laughing, thanks for the laugh!!!

DEFINATELY not what you would expect.........that is once bloody big mouth on that olive!!!!

ouch! i'm like u. i think i would have wet myself laughing if it had happened to my other half lol

Nice bite mark/scar then again you found your escape.................i think that's worth a little pain. ;)

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has to hurt........... I thought my husband was the only one that snakes loved to tag... Glad it wasn't a child.

I'm sorry and I do apologise, but that is so funny to look at. I bet there were some colourful words spoken after that. Just the thought of seeing it happen to someone else would've made me scream in terror and shock and then once all was well laugh my butt off. very glad it wasn't a child also.

how the hell did a python that big escape from its enclosure?
Lol, mate, we are talking about a snake here. They're complete escape artists, no matter what size they are. :lol:

And Jan, I don't blame you for laughing, I would have too :p. That story'll be a good ice breaker one day, I'm sure, not to mention a great one to tell the kids/grandkids eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back