What would you do?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spilota_variegata

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I got underpaid 5 hours of pay. I approached my boss who told me not to worry as it all evens out over the year. Last week I was paid over $12,000 for a weeks work and this week got paid for 96 hours work. Do you think I should approach my boss and tell him it all evens out over the year. The $12,000 pay was equivalent to a salary of over $625,000 a year - I could definitely live comfortably on that sort of pay :)

Chances are they'll find the error eventually, in which case they will lose trust in you for not speaking up. You may as well speak up now and gain more of their trust, or you could just buy an albino Darwin... ;)

12 grand??????????????????????????????????? They will know that one has gone missing when they do the books. You had better tell them.

It's funny, the last time I told them I was overpaid, they checked my hours and said they owed me $46... lol

I nearly wet myself. I will be telling my boss when I get to work tomorrow :( I should invest in the short term money market ;)

i think you have to tell cause of the amount they will notice on the bank statement
but i guess you would love to keep it i know i would love that money

Short term money market hey... roulette - always bet on black! :lol:

Hell no!

Put it on BHP tomorrow, or Fortescue, make an extra grand or so, then pay it back hehe

HAHA thats bloody awesome! you should tell your boss to give you a reward out of it for being so honest :p

Speak up, depending on where you work, they might not be able to take it back, thats what happens where I work. If by their error they pay you more, they can't get it back , hopefully its the same for you!

Maybe your boss is using your bank account to launder his filthy money.
Next week you will have Columbian drug dealers knocking on your door demanding the cash.
Get a plane ticket, fly to Afghanistan and join the Taliban, they will have your back :lol:

Yes that sounds like they are evening it out. Give it back less the 5 hours thye owe you

I guess it's up to you, but I would have to tell them what happened and give it back.
I'm a strong believer in "do unto others" and I know how I would feel if someone took some of my money through an accident or the fault of a 3rd party and kept it rather than return it.
I tell cashiers when they undercharge me too.

I do the payroll at my company, if the error is not found at first it will show up at the end of the month. I would tell them but keep the 5 hrs they owe you from the other error they made.

I would not just simply tell them, i would tell them but be sure to rub it in (in a joking way of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back