What would you do?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember a when i started a new job i had one short shift for the week. i was ment to get something like $24.50 but they sent $245.00 ...

i never said anything.

if they do ask, just say 'i dunno, it goes into a savings (mortgage?) account... i dont usually check it, do you know the dates of pay, i can look it up if you want...'... WINK WINK..

Hmmmm tough one.

Legally, if they overpay you - do you have to return the money?

I was overpaid once, I don't recall exactly how much but it would have only been a hundred dollars or so. I never noticed the extra cash in my account but my employer realised they had made a mistake and told me about it. They never asked me to return the money (nor did they dock it from future pay). I certainly never offered to return it, either - I figured it was their mistake, not mine. $100 is quite different to $12,000 though, LOL.

If I got overpaid I probably wouldn't notice it (at least for a while, anyway). My partner and I both have our pay deposited directly into our mortgage account and we rarely check it, other than a quick once-over of our pay slips when we receive them.

They're looking into it. They told me that there was a productivity bonus in that pay and that they probably owe me around $1000 :) And that doesn't include the 5 hours they also owe me...

Buy a pair of Albino Carpets and give your boss half the progeny when they breed.

I had something like that happen where I work.
Someone got paid somewhere in the vicinity of $70K due to a payroll stuff up. (must have added a few extra zeros)
The guy spent the money straight away. He just thought that he'd won something.
The company traced the budget hole to him. He didn't have the money so they took him to court to get it.
The ruling was that it was the company's fault for the mistake and he was allowed to keep the money...
Subsequent payroll mistakes have not been so lucrative and now have to be paid back by the employee(court ruling) at and agreed amount, usually around $20 a week. Kind of like a no interest loan.
I would offer to pay it back over time and by that albino:D

Seriously I would spend it ASAP, and if they found out later about the mistake I'd offer to pay it back at what I could afford. A mere $20 a week lol. If they are not happy with that they can take me to court, but the judge will only dismiss the case anyway as I have offered to repay the debt to the best of my ability without going into financial hardship. After all I have to survive. And the best part of it is that it is 100% interest free, better than any bank loan haha.

ETA, too late the post above me already stated this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back