What Camera Do you have?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely comes down the person behind the lens, photography is fairly similar to herping in that it takes time, practice and the help of people more experienced than yourself to help you along in your learning, to truly master it. I have a long way to go before I will be able to take full advantage of what I own, let alone what is on my wish list. The funny thing is that most of my favourite shots have been on my little cheap and nasty Casio, go figure!

What I own:

Canon EOS 30D
24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
50mm f/1.8 II
Speedlite 430EX

Sony F828
Sunpack 383

Casio Exilim 5mp Point and shoot.

On the wish list:

EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Good for the little critters.

EF 14mm f/2.8L USM - Good for all the awesome Pilbara landscape shots that I'm missing out on at the moment.

EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM - I think I'm dreaming if I think I'm ever going to my hands on one of these babies.
or
EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM -This one maybe a little bit more of a reality.

And if I ever become a photographer for National Geo.(somehow I think the odds of my winning lotto are better, esp. with the quality of some of my shots). One of these little puppies
EF 1200mm f/5.6L

Canon IXUS70 for me! Pretty good camera so far.

Heres some tips that should help
Exposure time, sec: 1/60
ISO speed rating: 80
Try setting the ISO to minimum of 200, this will approx double the shutter speed giving sharper shots
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Override the settings and force the flash to fire, it will balance the shadows (lizard) with the background
Metering mode: CenterWeightedAverage
Biggest improvement of all, switch to Multi-pattern metering. Centre weighted is just that, it measures the centre 10% of the frame and as you can see it's missed the subject completely

Great pic Midnight :D

Yours too Jemnesa, great resolution and clarity.

Thanks also xshadowx, Ive heard great things about the Fuji Finepix, what I want is something that takes decent shots on auto, something Im not getting (or Im doing wrong somehow lol) with the Lumix.

The fuji finepix (at least mine does) has an excellent auto mode. I very rarely play with shutter speed/aperture, I just leave it on auto and switch to macro/super macro. incredibly easy to use point-and-shoot, but has the capability to do more if you wanted. goodluck :)

Nikon D70s and Nikon D70. I have an 18-200mm nikkor VR lense. This lense has Macro capabilities but it isnt as good a proper macro. it is more an all round lense. We also have a standard 18-55mm lense and a wide angle lense. Our proper Macro is a Tamron 90mm lense. we bought this lense to:

A. save money because the nikkor version is $300-$500 more than this lense and
B. Because there has never been a bad review on this lense

If you want to do some really intense reading on this lense go to:

www.kenrockwell.com

It is an American site but all the gear is the same.
Cheers
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back