What Camera Do you have?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

venus

Reaction score
Having seen some of the amazing photos (and some not...lol) on here, and I was wondering what camera's everyone has?

Obviously some are Digital SLR's, because they are amazing, but Im wondering what everyone uses to photograph their herps.

Ive got a Panasonic Lumix FZ5, and Im fed up with it, I take the lousiest pics with it, only ever on Auto as I dont use the other features. Its horrible in low light, great for outside, but i rarely take pics outside.

I might be looking for a point and shoot for my next camera, so come on, show us a sample pic and tell me what camera you use. :p

i'd also like to know...

i have noticed Saz's Photo's are AMAZING...

We've got a Canon 350D and a Canon IXUS65. Both great cameras 8)

I have a Cannon 400d, best to get the one with the twin lens kit as the standard lens is a bit basic. Excellent Camera, easy to use, 10mp so huge shots that are good for photoshop, printing large prints etc.

I have a Fuji S2 Pro with a number of inter-changeable lenses/tripods/filters etc etc. I bought all my photographic equipment on a trip to Hong Kong about four years ago. I saved about a third in price if I had bought this equipment here in Oz. Trouble is, I only use it once a month if I'm lucky. It's not worth selling it all as I spent $9000 (equivalent) in Hong Kong four years ago and am lucky to get $1800 for it all now. 6.25mp was very high res then!

I'm only very new to the Photography work but i shoot with a D40X with the twin lens kit (18-55mm & 55-200mm VR). I'm looking at getting myself a macro and speedlite soon. It may be a basic camera but i'm still a very basic photographer so it is doing me fine for now. I'm still learning how to manipulate all the settings and learning to know what settings to use and when. White balance, aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, F-stops, ev-compensation ARGHH!!! It's doing my head in.

I went to a restaurant, the food was awesome so I had a look to see what oven they used, went and bought one for $5600 but the food I cooked at home didn't seem to improve :(
Taking good pics is more about being able to use the gear you have than throwing money at better gear.
BTW, I have a Panasonic DMC FZ30.

I went to a restaurant, the food was awesome so I had a look to see what oven they used, went and bought one for $5600 but the food I cooked at home didn't seem to improve :(
Taking good pics is more about being able to use the gear you have than throwing money at better gear.

You've got a $5600 oven :shock:

You know what the problem is tho Mags... it's not the oven... noooo... No it's not the $5600 oven you have...

It's the really crap cookware. I suggest you go back to the restaurant and ask what cookware they used.

Olympus e500 for me... And no, my photos got no better than when I had the Olympus C740UZ.

Yes, I understand that its the photographer. Im not an idiot. ;)

I just asked a question as to what cameras people on here use, as I have seen some awesome pics, and they cant all be using digital SLR's (someone said on another thread the photo was taken with a canon point and shoot). :p

Ive taken better pics with my sons cruddy old 1MP digital than with the Lumix. It takes crap photos in low light, no matter what I do and what settings I use. Hence asking here what people are using, I dont want to update to a 10mp or anything, I might just buy a point and shoot.

Thanks for the people who who replied without the sarcasm. :)

I use a Olympus SP550UZ, and when I'm lucky (I'm pretty hopeless) It does give me some great shots,
although I have to agree with It's not so much what you got but more how you use It!

I knew it !!!!!!
Finally the secret of Mrs Magpies sticky date muffins ;)

I agree, Ive seen some seriously lousy shots with great cameras, but no matter what I put the camera on (settings etc) it stil takes lousy pics in low light. (as I do take a lot of pics inside and in low light)

Ive had the camera for a year, and Im not happy with the pics it takes. Im not saying a bigger, more expensive camera will make me a better photographer, Im just not happy with my Lumix, so may go to a point and shoot, if that makes sense. :)

Hello Venus,

I use a Lumix FZ30. It will take reasonable pics -- but not in auto mode. I almost alway use aperature priority and keep it on iso 80. Because of the low iso, I use a tripod for most photos. Also, I take multiple photos using different flash settings to try and get one with a natural appearance.

Regards,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back