What Camera Do you have?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canon 400D - bought the body alone, and then bought a Canon 70-300mm image stabilised lens To go with it.

Also have a Canon IXUS65 which is good for scenic shots and great for macro.

:p

Hix

I agree, Ive seen some seriously lousy shots with great cameras, but no matter what I put the camera on (settings etc) it stil takes lousy pics in low light. (as I do take a lot of pics inside and in low light)

Ive had the camera for a year, and Im not happy with the pics it takes. Im not saying a bigger, more expensive camera will make me a better photographer, Im just not happy with my Lumix, so may go to a point and shoot, if that makes sense. :)
You need to look at those lousy shots with a program that can read the exif data, this is a great way of learning what went wrong.
Btw i'm using a D300 and D70 for digital and couple of Mamiya RZ67's for film.

I have a Canon 400D lol its ok, but i want either a 40D, 5D, or 1Ds MarkIII
I have a 17-85mm 4.5f lens, 70-200mm 2.8f lens and 90mm marco lens.

I also have a Olympus 720... underwater thingy

and dont bag out the panasonics i have a FZ20 and it is the best all in one camera, takes great macro, yes it is a little lacking in the megapixel department but its still gewd:)

Not many Nikon users....:eek:
I have a D100, have had for years...lenses include AF-24-85mm f2.8, AF VR 80-400mm, AF micro 105mm f2.8 and a couple more, also a SB-80DX speedlight as well.
I'd like to get a D2X as I like sports photography mainly surfing, but I may get mtself a 300mm f2.8 beforehand...if I don't stop spending money on freaking herps...lol
Cheers.
BTW, I have taken some mad pics with a nikon coolpix point & shoot.....

and dont bag out the panasonics i have a FZ20 and it is the best all in one camera, takes great macro, yes it is a little lacking in the megapixel department but its still gewd:)
It's not the size of the megapixel count.....its how you use it that counts.

hi all, look whats a good camera i can buy that will get clear pictures of my animals :)
also dont want to spend heaps of money on it lol, im only 16 so yeh dont have endless supply of money, thanks

Low light means slow shutter speeds, which make for blurry shots unless you use a tripod. Thats not going to change regardless of the camera you use. You have to either increase the room lighting, use the flash or use a tripod and hope like hell the animal stays still. With the aperture priority setting try shooting on the lowest number you can and even increase the ISO to 800 odd. The problem you have doing this is shallow DOF with the lower aperture and grainier shots with the higher ISO.

Most cameras can take good shots, you just have to know how to use them.

Anyway, i use a Canon 350D and a 100mm macro. Just bought a 580ex speedlite and 10- 22mm wide angle aswell, see how they go.
Jordan

Thanks peoples, some interesting views. I only really use it on "simple" mode (night, sports, portrait, etc), or use Macro occasionally, and use the zoom as well.

I have never delved into the manual exposure or anything, because its so complicated....lol.

Maybe I should sell this and just buy a decent "point and shoot"?

Thanks peoples, some interesting views. I only really use it on "simple" mode (night, sports, portrait, etc), or use Macro occasionally, and use the zoom as well.

I have never delved into the manual exposure or anything, because its so complicated....lol.

Maybe I should sell this and just buy a decent "point and shoot"?
How about you post a link to a "crappy shot" (exif still attached) and i'm sure there are a few of us on here that can give you some pointers

what i've posted once before :)
Well, I use a Fuji Finepix S5700 camera normally, but theres now a slightly newer model, the S5800 which has 0.9more MP.. to me, that dosnt matter, its a tiny increase.

The S5700... 7.1MP, 10x optical zoom (brilliant for animals, dont have to get so close thus dont scare them off!) has both macro and super macro modes. Also for the techncial side, you can manually change just teh shutter speed, just the aperture or you can adjust both at the same time.. Has both a viewfinder and LCD screen (i never use the view finder), takes 4 AA batteries (i rekon norm batteries are better, cause if your on a holiday somewhere and your batteries die, you can just buy some, unlike with the built in type batteries.. i use energizer rechargables, last ages) easy as to use, also has anti-blur mode, fairly powerful flash, natural modes etc and takes shots pretty fast (good for fleeing animals lol)

Last time I checked, you could get the S5800 for just under $300 at Hervey Norman

Heres some examples.. sorry bout the watermarks, i was lazy and just got links from an art site i uploaded these to.

Taken with a Fuji Finepix S5700

Macro modes;
Gecko1_9th_dec_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Hopper1_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Vision_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Dragon1_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Night shot, manually changing shutter speed
Night_life_pt1_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Automatic mode
sunset_1_8th_dec_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Taken with a Fuji Finepix S5800 (my mothers camera, bought it 5months after i got my S5700. Sorry, dont have as many photos to choose from with this cam, havnt taken many...)

Macro's
Wolfy_side_by_xshadowxv.jpg

You_say_wha__by_xshadowxv.jpg

Automatic mode
Brahman_calf_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Not a top quality DSLR but still a great camera for its pricetag, in my opinion! Hope i didnt overload you with too much info/too many examples.. if you happen to want more, lemme know

I have a Fuji finepix, cost me $300, and i just took a shot in extreme low light to show its potential, The original photo is huge, so i have reduced it to 10% size.
P.S The pik is the round sparky thing on the top of a 'bic' lighter...... (macro)

View attachment 49003

Sorry for the crap pik, no flash and shaky hands...

sp350

I use an Olympus sp350 Reasonable price compact camera but gives Great shots. the resolution is fantastic. Very simple to use. this is a pdf of a photo that i took I can scale up about 300% before i start getting pixles.

Attachments

• esa.pdf
    478.6 KB · Views: 35
How about you post a link to a "crappy shot" (exif still attached) and i'm sure there are a few of us on here that can give you some pointers

Thanks, will do that below. This is one I actually like, so will do this first. Next post will be one of my normal cruddy ones lol

Date and time original image was generated: 2007:03:06 05:52:23
Manufacturer: Panasonic
Camera model: DMC-FZ5
Exposure time, sec: 1/80
F number: 3.30
ISO speed rating: 80
Lens focal length, mm: 72.0
File change date and time: 2007:05:10 14:38:31
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Exposure bias (APEX): -354334816/1073741824
MaxApertureValue: 2.8
Metering mode: CenterWeightedAverage
Light source: Auto
Exposure mode: Auto exposure
White balance: Auto white balance
Focal length in 35 mm film, mm: 432
Scene capture type: Standard
Gain control: None
Contrast: Normal
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Sensing method: One-chip color area sensor
SoftWare: Ver.1.0
YCbCrPositioning: Centered
Exif version: 0220
ComponentsConfiguration: YCbCr
CompressedBitsPerPixel: 536870912/134217728
Colorspace: 1
PixelXDimension: 640
PixelYDimension: 480
FlashPix Version: 0100

Attachments

• minbone.jpg
    minbone.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 21
And here is my usual cruddy shot. lol

Date and time original image was generated: 2008:03:29 14:47:27
Manufacturer: Panasonic
Camera model: DMC-FZ5
Exposure time, sec: 1/60
F number: 3.30
ISO speed rating: 80
Lens focal length, mm: 72.0
Orientation: Normal
File change date and time: 2008:04:10 20:48:55
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Exposure bias (APEX): -354334816/1073741824
MaxApertureValue: 2.8
Metering mode: CenterWeightedAverage
Light source: Auto
Exposure mode: Auto exposure
White balance: Auto white balance
Digital zoom ratio: 4.00
Focal length in 35 mm film, mm: 432
Scene capture type: Standard
Gain control: None
Contrast: Normal
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Sensing method: One-chip color area sensor
X Resolution: 1207959552/16777216
Y Resolution: 1207959552/16777216
Units: 2
SoftWare: Ver.1.0
YCbCrPositioning: Co-sited
Exif version: 0221
ComponentsConfiguration: YCbCr
CompressedBitsPerPixel: 536870912/134217728
Colorspace: 1
PixelXDimension: 400
PixelYDimension: 300
FlashPix Version: 0100
Compression: 6
InteroperabilityVersion: 0100

Attachments

• lizzy.jpg
    lizzy.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 23
I have a Fuji finepix, cost me $300, and i just took a shot in extreme low light to show its potential, The original photo is huge, so i have reduced it to 10% size.
P.S The pik is the round sparky thing on the top of a 'bic' lighter...... (macro)

View attachment 49003

Great pic Midnight :D

Yours too Jemnesa, great resolution and clarity.

Thanks also xshadowx, Ive heard great things about the Fuji Finepix, what I want is something that takes decent shots on auto, something Im not getting (or Im doing wrong somehow lol) with the Lumix.

i have a sony DSC-T300, its a great compact, 15mp, 5x optical zoom and a pretty decent macro feature,
was wondering if anyone could tell me if the lenses from a canon film type SLR will go with a digital SLR, my father has about 8 different lenses and he doesnt use the camera anymore, id like to but a new canon SLR if they will fit????

I use a 400d...

Need help though... I want an everyday good wide angle lense... but i have no idea what i should be looking for... anyone who knows of something let me know...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back