Have A Look What The Cat Draged In!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's a cute little snake :), I'm glad the little dude is ok.
I agree that it's people's fault. I know from experience that you can train cats, and ours ONLY catch locusts and mice. We made them terrefied of birds (with help from the noisy minors! :)) trained them to bring us everything, disciplined them if they ever caught any lizard, and rewarded them for catching pests.
You train cats like you train any domestic animal. People who don't train their cats should keep them inside or not keep them at all.
Irrisponsible owners, of ANY kind animal are a problem, and it's them we should be directing our anger at, not at a creature with no concept of responsibility at all.

CHRIS ....I think you may have not understood what I was referring too. I wasnt saying guilty cause i own a cat ..I was stating a point wether we own dogs or cats its our responsibilty to take charge and make sure our animals do not put native animals at risk ...and in saying so about the biggest threat to native animals is US was meant that we pollute we take away enviroments we introduce non-native species we dont take care of the domestic animals we own and allow cats and dogs to go ferel(we do have ferel dogs go speak to farmers and ask what a ferel dog can do or a park ranger)cats are a bigger problem as they being a smaller and more secretive animal then dogs do seem to do damage to our wildlife but underestimating what dogs do is crazy, as HUMAN we are responsible in some way even if you do not own a domestic animal you at one stage or another have had a impact on our native wildlife to say you have not is not true ...all I am saying is be more aware when buying a pet and over all take more notice of what impact you could have on the earth if you dont recycle etc none of us live a perfect life but we can all do better...

Rbb, I just dont see my self as included the the "US" or "we" that you keep mentioning, being a human doesnt make you some sort of destructive monster, we are the only animals capable of consiously looking after the environment on a large scale. To suggest we as humans are responsible in anyway for the actions of other humans is just absurd IMO. I think i sort of agree with your message, it just seems you are blaming everyone in the way you write it.

On the dog issue, here is the first thing i found on google. A very good read.
http://www.ecovoice.com.au/enews/enews-37/BOO_mammal_enews37.php

i almost saw a cat get hit by a car this morning!!! :)

but it missed, stupid slow car. :(

oops, off topic, stupid cat, lucky snake! :)

Its all good to say BLAME THE CAT!! they dont know its a snake, to them its a thing to play with... you guys seem to rag out the cats and people that own cats but on the otherside of the coin, i have had call outs to get snakes from people that there cat has bought in yes they often have puncture marks and even do die to.but lets not forget the pooch i have been called out to peoples places and the damage that the dogs have done far out reaches what the cats have done backs broken exposed bones torn so badly that the snake is just wriggling in agony ...dont point the finger at one animal and blame it, it all comes down to human responsibility and untill that takes place all our natives are at risk from both domestic pets we keep...the worse offender to our native wildlife is US......

go it in one

all introduced species has had an impact, dogs, cats, toads, cattle, etc
cant just blame one thing. man put in the dent, man is going to have to fix it.

Re the blind snakes

Why do I find so many blind snakes dead...is it just their time is up, are they like vampires and sunrise kills them or is it just a coincidence? It is mainly after rain (but not always), could they be getting too wet?

its not a matter of killing of all introduced species, lets get real here, if you did, im pretty sure you would do some jail time, lol (even though a lot of ppl would agree), its all about responsible owners. i dont know the answer, maybe there should be a licence system like we have for reptiles, for other pets.

but the ones i mentioned before, were up to the government.

i think its all about education and follow up. which increases the work load on departments such as the EPA, the answer i dont know, but responsible owners, i wish there was more.

i wouldnt trade our native animals for any thing.

so cris are you saying that you dont live in a house you dont own a car or have never travelled in a car you have never had anything man made including clothes you have never eaten things made of wheat or rice or eaten beef or lamb etc EVERYTHING WE DO AS HUMANS TODAY has had a impact on some native animal is what i am saying so unless you live under a rock and eat dirt you too have made a impact.....we all do ,and yes some is a nessesity but my point was when its not to be a bit more aware and try a better resorceful way of either using it or disposing of it is my point and to anyone else its not all about CATS !!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY, back to the original topic, thanks for posting the pics, and it was good of you to take it to the vet to make sure it was ok. Lucky you for having this wonderful wildlife so close! :)

I agree that it is a multi-faceted problem. This whole human stuff up the world debate. But like someone said doing something is better then doing nothing. So if I remove just one or two cheeky little catties out of the circle then I am helping! Only a small help but I am a humble person and just can't fix everything. So lets stop ragging the cats and start removing them. We can all do our small bit for the country.

Here is a good place to start ...

iconNew_16x16.gif
Cat /Fox /Possum Trap Aust. Made

s.gif
logo_paypalPPBuyerProtection_28x16.gif
AU $100.00
AU $20.00
bin_15x54.gif
9d 17h 42m20 km
VIC Cat Trap / Feral Animal Trap "Wiretainers"

s.gif
logo_paypalPP_16x16.gif
AU $110.00
AU $20.00
bin_15x54.gif
8d 13h 02m30 km
VIC
Humane cat/ rat /possum trap/ relocator DELUXE

s.gif
AU $59.99
AU $20.85
bin_15x54.gif
5d 01h 26m750 km
NSW
Humane live animal trap ( possum, cat, big rat, birds)

s.gif
AU $39.90
See description
bin_15x54.gif
1d 01h 48m770 km
NSW
Humane live animal trap ( possum, cat, big rat, birds)

s.gif
AU $39.90
See description
bin_15x54.gif
7d 01h 13m770 km
NSW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back