Introducing Princess Leigh Cheri, Snake Ranch Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessb

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A week and a half ago we brought home our gorgeous new bredli, Princess Leigh Cheri (named, like all our pets, after a character from a Tom Robbins novel). I have wanted a Bredli ever since I got interested in snakes, but we thought it would be smarter to start with a smaller snake, hence our darling Stimmie.

We bought her as part of the Snake Ranch Late Starters offer, and we are thrilled, not least of all with the great bargain! She has just had her second feed with no problems, and she is settling in quite nicely (pretty impressive really, as her heat mat blew up and she was without heat for a day before we noticed!)

We briefly handled her a couple of days ago and she was great, although it appears she doesn't like furry cardigans because as soon as she came into contact with my sleeve she spazzed a bit and struck at it! But otherwise she is lovely and we really are happy with her.

Thanks again Kane!

Attachments

• Female Bredli.jpg
    Female Bredli.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 240
  • leigh cheri june 08.jpg
    leigh cheri june 08.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Princess leigh cheri 01.jpg
    Princess leigh cheri 01.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 171
  • june 2008 002.jpg
    june 2008 002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 119
Hi Jess

Are you able to go to snake ranch and check out the snakes before you buy them ?
I just looked at the website, and it only says that they deliver them to you once you have picked the one you want from the pictures..

Ta

p.s Your snake is gorjus!

Jess, how does she compare with the pic you saw of her? I have checked SXR website & been tempted but I like to see the critter " in the flesh " so to speak. Your Bredli is gorgeous. Congrats.

Congrats! Where did you get it from? Is it feisty?!

Thanks!

I got "Boo" from Matt Stockdale at Victorian Reptiles, a great place and pleasure to deal with. She's a little snappy but nothing painful :D. She doe's settle down after a short while, but we are leaving her to settle into her new surroundings.

I love the look of Bredli's. She is beautiful. Exactly how big does a Bredli grow?

Yeah MzSel and Kakariki, that's definitely a down side to SR, you don't get to see them before you buy them, but the pics are pretty clear, and Kane is really happy to discuss their temperament and feeding and he is really honest and makes sure that you are getting what you are after. I just really wanted a pet snake so I wasn't overly fussed with markings etc. She has slightly reducecd black but isn't what you would call a true hypo.

Lesa, she will probably get to 2.5 - 3m which is our size limit for snakes in this family!

Lovely snake. I am trying to adopt our cousins Bredli. Love these snakes. Like the carpets, Cuddles our MD seemed like a good starter for my young family. Now I'm off to check out this breeders site:):):)

Hi Jess,
Its funny you posted that first pic.
I was a day late checking out the late starters snakes.
Your little guy was the one I picked, waited for the other half to get home to give the ok and than he was gone haha.
I envy you.:)

Great photos, Jess. If she's like our SR Bredl pair, she will be well settled in no time plus a great feeder. It sounds like she's off to a good start.

My little girl (Heptet) has even made a trip to school! I didn't let the kids touch her, but they were pretty impressed that she would eventually get as thick as my forearm. Congrats on your lovely baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back