Where do you keep your herps?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4sons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
In their enclosures of course, but...

My husband tells me that we are not going to have enough room in the house to keep many more animals :cry: and with 5 kids in a four bedroom house, I do see his point. We don't have a spare room for a 'reptile room' (very jealous of those who do). So, has anyone had to be creative with their use of space to increase their ability to keep reptiles in their home?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

get a reptile pit outside or make a shed thingy :D do you have a big backyard? we have a spare 'cubby house' that hasnt been used for like 7 years so we changed it into a mini herp-room :)

Linguine (baby MD) is in a tub at the foot of my bed. Droofus (baby Beardy) is in a 4 foot aquarium in the lunge room. Also have fish tank on my desk, and should i get Geckos at some point thy will also be on my desk.

I understand your problem, I think the trick is trying to make them part of the decor as much as a central peice in the home. These guys who have lots of enclosures in one unit have the right idea. Jewly has a nice one in her albums.

If you have birds/cages, they hang well from ceilings.

Love that cubby house idea, don't think my daughter would though.

if you own your own home...replace a wall...wall of vivariums!
i have my biggest in the loungeroom...6ft long..3ft high..2 ft deep..glass vavarium
babies were in my bedroom...rescues in my bathroom...sometimes,depending what & size
also have outside habitats
but my daughter just flew the coop...so now have reptile/rescue room

I just have mine in click-clacks. Click-clacks go everywhere... LOL

well i keep my jungle in a 7 foot high x 3 foot deep x 4 foot wide tank in my room and i keep my olive in a click clack untill his new tank will be done which is gonna be in the shed

We have a big house so lucky we have a room just for the reptiles but not sure what we are going to do when we move

i have 2 herp rooms, and then all the babys are in click clacks under the pool table. but soon i am getting a big shed for them, so i will insulate that and have a plenty of room to start buliding my collection!!

If your struggling for room you can always use racks, like the ones available on the slitherin website

www.slitherin.com.au

Also, stackable enclosures work well, i can barely reach the top enclosure in my room without a chair :)

i had one made to fit in with my living room, so we can watch them all the time. my next baby will probably go in my study and be a mamma's boy

We used to live in a small house a while back, we simply placed our enclosures around the house to go with the furniture, that way we had one in the lounge, dining, family, entry and so forth. as long as they look ok it works quite well. That way they are around you all the time too.
Lucky enough now though to have a snake room which i guess is great too, but not an option for all.
Try it.

Walk around your house looking for flat surfaces , chests of draws , sideboards , tables even bookcases . Think about on top of things not just gaps .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back